Chapter 31

*This story is on-going and changes will be made along the way.

I hope you enjoy it as much as I enjoyed writing it

Please feel free to #vote on my chapters. Your support means the world to me.

NB! Adult-content | Mature | Romance

**

"Are you sure you want me to come with?" I asked 

This morning Giovanni got a phone call from his brother Alvaro inviting him over for lunch. Giovanni had been avoiding his father's calls for days and after Alvaro spoke to their mother he picked up that something was going on. It wasn't exactly the kind of situation you should explain over the phone so Giovanni was going to visit his brother today and tell him what happened with their parents. He asked me to go with him but I was starting to wonder if it was my place to tag along for something like this.

"I need you to come with me Isabella, I don't want to do this alone,"

He grabbed his wallet and car keys from his kitchen counter and turned to me. I sat on the staircase, tying the laces of my boots. He was wearing a pair of black pants and paired it with a pair of dark brown combat boots. The weather was more unforgiving today and we both had our coats on to keep the cold weather at bay. I stood up and closed my coat as Giovanni walked over to me. I was on a higher step that allowed us to be the same height for the first time ever. He slipped his hands around my waist and mine found their place around his neck.

"I need you to be there with me," he murmured, "You're in my life now and I also want to introduce you to Alvaro and Penelope. I wish these were better circumstances but it is what it is,"

He's mentioned Alvaro's wife, Penelope to me before. She was quite far along in her pregnancy now and they had just purchased a house outside of the city which was where we were headed today.

"Okay," I reached up and kissed him, "You know I'll always be there for you,"

He smiled, "Shall we?"

**

Half an hour later we pulled into the driveway leading up to a very modern-looking house. It was the most modern architecture I had seen in Barcelona so far. It was a square white double-story house with a balcony on the top overlooking the spacious garden in front. Giovanni turned the car off and turned to me.

"You ready?"

I nodded. He reached out and squeezed my hand before getting out of the car. I followed behind him as his brother came to greet us.

"Hola hermano," Alvaro greeted and pulled Giovanni in for a hug,

There were plenty of similarities between Alvaro and Giovanni but they were also so different. Alvaro had long curly brown hair but they both had the same dark brown eyes. Alvaro was cleanly shaved and his style was more reserved and laid-back than Giovanni's. They were the same height but Giovanni was a lot broader. There were enough similarities between them to never have you question whether they were related or not.

Giovanni stepped back from the hug and pulled me closer to him, "Alvaro, I'd like you to meet my girlfriend, Isabella,"

Girlfriend? Oh my God - he said it. I tried to keep my composure as I stepped forward to greet Alvaro in the typical Spanish fashion - a kiss on each cheek.

"Pleasure to meet you,"

"Lovely to meet you, Isabella," Alvaro smiled, "Never thought I'd see the day when this guy over here got a girlfriend,"