Chapter 30

*This story is on-going and changes will be made along the way.

I hope you enjoy it as much as I enjoyed writing it

Please feel free to #vote on my chapters. Your support means the world to me.

NB! Adult-content | Mature | Romance

**

You're in love with him

That phrase lingered in my mind the whole way back. Just thinking about him made my heart skip a beat. I was definitely completely infatuated with him but in love? I was trying to convince myself that it was too early to feel that way about him. There was still so much we needed to learn about each other. Wasn't there? I glanced at my phone expecting a message from him but there was still nothing. It had been hours since I last heard from him. My lunch with Reyna went on much longer than I expected but I was happy to have that time to catch up with her. She was headed to Diego's place tonight so I wanted to find out if Giovanni could come over. I got off the stop closest to my place and contemplated my next move. I dialed Giovanni's number but it went straight to voicemail. I wasn't sure if I should go back home or if I should head to his place? What if he wasn't there?

I tugged at my lip nervously. I was dying to know what happened with his mother. I wanted to be there for him after such a horrible conversation. There was no way it was going to go down well. Hearing that your husband cheated on you again couldn't be easy at all. The fact that you would put your trust in someone again and they had no problem breaking it made me sick. It wasn't even a situation that involved me directly and yet, I felt so strongly about it. I could only imagine how this must be affecting Giovanni.

Without thinking, I turned down the street in the direction of his apartment. If he wasn't home then I'd just walk back but if he was then I could at least be there for him. The sun was starting to set and I was thankful that I decided to bring my coat with me. The minute the sun started to disappear, the lingering cold air started to settle and remind us that we were in for a cold winter this year. I pulled my coat closer to my body and crossed my arms as I eventually reached his apartment building. I went through the back entrance and waited for the elevator. I tried to dial him again but his phone was still off. He could still be at his parent's place. The elevator approached his apartment and I could hear music blaring from inside. The doors opened and I stepped inside.

"Hello?" I shouted, "Giovanni?"

I looked around the living room and I couldn't find him. Music was playing at full volume on his surround sound and I went to turn it down. He's got to be here somewhere.

"Who the fuc-" he shouted at the top of the stairs before realizing it was me

"Oh! Isabella," he slurred, "When did you get here?"

He had been drinking. He came downstairs, stumbling over his own feet as he walked into his kitchen. I'm guessing the conversation didn't go very well. I placed my handbag down on his couch and walked over to him.

"Giovanni," I said softly, placing myself in front of him as he leaned against the counter. He reeked of alcohol

"Hello baby," he mumbled, pulling me into his arms, "I tried- I tried to call but I lost my phone and then - ,"

He mumbled the end of his sentence and I couldn't make out what he was saying. Sadness lingered in his dark brown eyes and my heart reached out to him. I cupped his face and turned him to face me.

"You look hot," he breathed and pulled me in for a kiss, "So hot,"

His lips met mine and his arms wrapped around me. His tongue flicked over mine and my arousal came to life. I wanted him but I also wanted to know that he was okay. I pulled away from him but kept my arms around his neck.