Chapter 11

*This story is on-going and changes will be made along the way.

I hope you enjoy it as much as I enjoyed writing it

Please feel free to #vote on my chapters. Your support means the world to me.

NB! Adult-content | Mature | Romance

**

"You seriously said he was a marketing accountant," Giovanni laughed

I hung my head in my hands, "I told you I didn't want to talk about that,"

Giovanni reached over and removed my hands from my face, still keeping them in his. We were sitting on a bench on the beach away from the music of the parties going on. The sun was beginning to set and I loved the way it reflected against the water.

"Why'd you lie about having a date?"

I really didn't want to get into that with him. I'd have to admit my unexpected jealousy to seeing him with someone else and I didn't want him to have any more power than he already did. I should have left the situation alone when I had a chance. I remained silent and looked up at him, an amused look spread across his face.

"Do you want to know what I think?" he asked casually

"Not in the slightest,"

He ignored my sarcastic comment and continued, "I think you like me,"

I scoffed, "Oh please,"

"Don't deny it," he teased and leaned closer to me, "You can admit you have a thing for me, Isabella,"

"I don't have a thing for you, Giovanni,"

That was a big fat lie but I didn't want him to know that. I needed to convince him that I didn't care what or who he did.

"Keep telling yourself that," he mused and lifted his drink to his lips

He was enjoying this so much. I could see the amusement on his face and as much as it frustrated me that he had all this control, I couldn't help the burning attraction I still had towards him. We ate our way through a couple of the tapas I bought and I was thankful for the food in my system. It was balancing itself out against the alcohol now.

"Why do you care if I have a thing for you?" I asked, "Which for the record, I don't. By the looks of things, you've been pretty occupied. Doesn't seem like you're in short supply when it comes to woman,"

"And how would you know that?"

Besides the tongue in his ear earlier, the articles, and everyone's mention of it, it really rounded his "player" image out.

"You know what, I actually don't want to talk about this anymore," I snapped, "Why did you want to have a drink with me, Giovanni?"

He was playing games here. All of that to have one drink with me and now he wouldn't stop with the questions. It was starting to frustrate me. I hated being out of control and whenever I was around him, that was exactly what happened. I needed to stop this before it went any further.

"Is it so hard for you to believe that I want to get to know you better?"

I flicked my eyes to his and the interest in them was as clear as day. He was looking at me the same way he looked at me that first night at Mala Mía. My nerves started to flicker inside - he was making me so nervous. There was a part of me that was ready to throw myself at him and another part wanted to sit here and get to know him. He intrigued me. His ability to command my body and now my mind was unexpected but it happened and now I couldn't get rid of the lingering feeling he had left me with.