Chapter 10

*This story is on-going and changes will be made along the way. 

This chapter is longer than usual but I couldn't cut it shorter. 

Please feel free to #vote on my chapters. Your support means the world to me.

NB! Adult-content | Mature | Romance

**

Vai Moana was packed. It wasn't a very big bar to begin with but that didn't matter as people spread out onto the beach. We were supposed to be headed into autumn but the beating sun shining down on us wasn't ready to let the heat go just yet. I followed Reyna onto the deck where she threw her arms around a tall, slender man who I assumed to be Diego. Reyna did warn me he was the complete opposite of the type of man she usually went for so I wasn't too surprised. While she usually went for the dark, handsome, and dangerous, I was always the one who drifted more towards the shy ones who were attractive in a your-mind-is-attractive kind of way. It would appear that we had now swopped tastes.

She pulled away from him and stepped to the side, "Diego, meet Isabella. Mi amiga de la escuela,"

"Hola Isabella, soy Diego," he reached out and pulled me in for a hug

"Hola Diego, nice to meet you,"

Reyna turned to me, "Don't mind his English. He can speak it but he prefers to speak Spanish,"

"Lo siento. I speak English - but it's not great," he said sheepishly, his Spanish accent coming through

I shrugged, "No problem. I'm really the one who should be learning Spanish anyway,"

Reyna leaned into him and her eyes were full of affection as she looked up at him. She was so smitten already. I had never seen her like this before.

"Mi amigo, Matías," Diego started to speak in Spanish but switched over for my inclusion, "Lo siento, my friend, Matías just went to get us drinks. What can I get you guys?"

Reyna reached for the cocktail menu off the high table we were standing around. She leaned closer to me so we could both look

"Should we get a jug of Sangria for now?" she asked me, "We can share,"

"Sounds good to me,"

"Let me get that for you," Diego smiled, "I'll be back,"

He leaned over and left a kiss on Reyna's cheek before heading to the already packed bar to get us some drinks.

"You weren't kidding when you said he was the opposite of your type," I teased

She snorted, "I told you! But I can't help it - there's something about him that really makes me want to jump him all the time,"

I chuckled, "It's like you're on heat,"

"Right?" she giggled, "All jokes aside though. I don't know why I like him so much but I do so it would be mean a lot to me for you to get to know him,"

I squeezed her hand, "Of course Reyna. I'll do anything for you,"

Minutes later Diego returned with a jug of Sangria and two glasses in hand. Following closely behind him must have been his friend, Matias. His thick curly hair made him cuter than I expected. He wiggled himself between Reyna and me and placed down a tray of shots he was holding. He turned to me with a bright smile on his face

"Soy Matias," he opened his arms and pulled me in for a quick hug,

"Nice to meet you, Matias, I'm Isabella,"