Chapter 9

*This story is on-going and changes will be made along the way.

I hope you enjoy it as much as I enjoyed writing it

Please feel free to #vote on my chapters. Your support means the world to me.

NB! Adult-content | Mature | Romance

**

"So we ended up having sex on my bosses desk," Reyna chuckled

My jaw dropped as I turned to face her, "You didn't,"

It had been a while since Reyna and I had a chance to head over to the coffee shop so we decided to make some time today to do just that. We finally settled on a colour to paint the walls. We went back and forth for a while - her wanting a dark maroon and me wanting a light lilac colour. We met in the middle and went the complete opposite of both and settled on a baby blue - for the one side of the shop at least. After getting all we needed from the closest hardware store, we were in our old clothes painting on a Saturday morning.

"Of course I did Izzy," she smirked, "There was no one there and I've always wanted to do it on a desk at work,"

I burst out laughing. Reyna was letting me know all about the hot new campaign manager her company hired for the latest project they were working on.

"And I was surprised Diego was into it because he's the polar opposite of the type of guys I'm usually into,"

She had been seeing him since the start of the project and she was more than happy to share their latest sexual encounter. Her mention of having sex on the desk at work made my mind wander back to the last time I saw Giovanni. I had never thought of having sex in a place where the chances of getting caught were very high but that was before I met him. I didn't care that we were in a club full of people that night - I had to have him. He brought out this new side to me and it was exhilarating. My mind wandered back to that night - his strong arms around my waist, bringing me down onto him while his lips found my neck and I-

"Hello? Izzy?" Reyna clicked her fingers, bringing me out of my unexpected sexual daydream

The heat spread across my cheeks. I couldn't help it, the thoughts of him inside of me lived rent-free in my mind.

"What in the world were you thinking about?"

"Nothing," I brushed the conversation off, "Back to Diego - so when are you seeing him again?"

"Well, that's actually what I wanted to speak to you about. He's going for some drinks later with friends of his at one of those beach parties at Vai Moana and he asked me to meet him there,"

I brought my roller down to the paint in the tray next to me, "Meeting his friends already. That's a big step in the right direction,"

"Yes but I need you to come with me," she eyed me, awaiting my reaction

I knew she needed me right now. She wouldn't admit it but I could tell she liked him more than she expected to. The way she spoke about him was different and I wanted this to work out for her.

I brought the roller back to the wall and continued, "Of course I'll come,"

She squealed, "Ah Izzy, thank you so much. I know how much you hate going out so thi-"

"I don't hate it so much anymore," I admitted

"Even better then," she smirked, "And you can meet some of Diego's friends. Maybe there's a cute one you could take for a spin?"

I rolled my eyes and smiled, "I think I'm fine for now,"

I knew she meant well by this but there was no way I could even think about being with anyone else when I couldn't get Giovanni out of my head. How could I when every thought of him invaded my mind? My body was going through an awakening and I didn't know how to make it stop. I hadn't seen Giovanni in days and I wasn't entirely sure of where we stood. Would this be a recurring thing between him and me or was that it now? The feeling of disappointment lingered at just the thought of that - A part of me didn't want that to be it. After I left the club the last night I saw him and thought about what was said, I realized that I was probably not the best candidate for an arrangement of "no strings attached". How could I be? I had never been very good at separating my emotions from anything and I certainly wasn't going to be able to stop myself from developing something for him if I continued. I decided from that moment on that I wouldn't seek him out. I would stay away as best as I could.

My body didn't seem to agree with this decision - in fact, she was pretty pissed off about it.

I had to keep reminding myself to take each interaction with him for what it was. I wanted him and I got to have him - there was nothing more than the pure, raw, physical attraction between us. I needed to put him out of my mind.

"There are other guys out there besides Giovanni. I'm sure you could easily land up under one of them,"

"Reyna!" I exclaimed

"What?" she chuckled, "Stop acting like a prude. I know you had sex in his office the last time so you're not as innocent as you try to be,"

I couldn't help but laugh. I was still getting used to the nonchalant attitude people had here towards sex. It was never something I had experienced before but I was adapting.

"I knew I shouldn't have told you that,"

"Oh please! Your messy hair and flushed cheeks gave you away. I know a post-orgasm look when I see one,"

I nudged her playfully, "God you are so brazen,"

"And that's why you love me," she smiled