Chapter 26

*This story is on-going and changes will be made along the way.

Please feel free to #vote on my chapters. Your support means the world to me. 

NB! Adult-content | Mature | Romance

**

The sound of the soft rain outside brought me out of the land of dreams. My eyes slowly fluttered open and I reached over to Giovanni's side of the bed to find it empty. I stretched my body across the bed and managed to open my eyes up completely. The sleepiness still lingered along with the pleasure from last night. I blushed immediately and a smile spread across my face. After my conversation with Casey, I didn't expect to still be in Giovanni's bed but I quickly realized that there was nowhere else I was meant to be. We were choosing each other now and there was no way that I could not have him in my life. I was so tangled in his web and there was no escaping this. As scared as I was to admit it, I was falling for him. I spent so much time pushing away my feelings for him but they were there the whole time. Being with him was idyllic and there was nothing else that could compare to it.

I wrapped the sheet around my naked body and went to find him. A distant voice hummed in the air and I followed it to the kitchen. Giovanni was leaning against the counter with his bare back to me and was on the phone. I leaned against the wall and waited for him to finish up. I didn't want to interrupt him and I enjoyed the opportunity to soak him in. I would never get tired of looking at him. The tattoos across his body allowed him to be a constant artwork that I had yet to fully appreciate. His back muscles were on full display. If there was one thing about Giovanni, he took care of his body and the sight in front of me right now was one I enjoyed. I loved running my hands over his body, feeling every inch of him. I noticed a few faint scratches on his back and realized that was from me.

Oops.

I couldn't help it - last night was amazing and I didn't realize how deep I dug my nails into his skin until now. He said his last goodbyes on the phone and turned to face me.

"Good morning," he smiled, "I didn't wake you did I?"

I shook my head and walked over to him. He immediately took me into his arms and lifted me onto the counter in front of him. I wrapped my arms around him and he buried his head in my neck. I slowly started to softly scratch the back of his neck - an action I knew he loved.

"Mmm, that's nice," he murmured

"Who was that on the phone?" I asked

"Pedro. My one potential business partner from Valencia. I actually need to speak to you about something,"

He pulled away to face me but still kept his arms wrapped around my body, "I have to head to Valencia early tomorrow. One of the buildings we wanted to look at for the next opening of Mala Mía just became available and this weekend is the only time we can both go and check it out,"

A pang of disappointment flickered inside but only because I didn't want to be without him for the whole weekend.

"Well that's great then," I said, kissing his cheek, "You definitely have to go,"

"I know we had plans to spend the weekend together..." he started to say before I heard my phone ringing from his bedroom

"Do you want to get that?" he asked

I shook my head, "I'll just check it later,"

"Okay well, I was actually going to ask you if you wanted to come with me?"