Getting away from it all

You couldn't take the silence anymore, and letting Nani know, you decided to take a trip to America to get away from everything for a while. The plane had touched down a few hours earlier and right now you were holed up in your massive hotel room, decided if you were going to go, you might as well go big right. The jetlag was a bitch and so far you didn't have the energy for anything more than curling up in the bed and drifting in and out of sleep. You had let Nani know you made it safely, but then decided to turn your phone off, you didn't want the constant notifications making your phone buzz, by this point, it was nothing but a headache. This whole situation was nothing but a headache. 

You felt a bit better by the next morning, maybe not fully human, but at least with some good solid sleep, you were no longer suffering from jetlag. After showering and throwing on some comfy clothes you grabbed your phone and some cash, deciding to see what Chicago had to offer. You asked the super nice girl at the front desk if there was anything or anywhere someone needed to visit, and she directed you to the Art Institute. She nailed it, it was relaxing to walk around the quiet building, looking at all the beautiful pieces people had poured their hard work and heart into. Seeing a piece by Van Gogh you made sure to take a picture to send to Tae later, knowing he would be super jealous that you saw his favorite artist's work in person. You might prefer the softer colors and paintings of Monet but you could see the appeal of Van Gogh, especially his painful life, and how he painted to deal with the pain. Hmm, maybe you should take up art. 

After a couple of hours of moving slowly from painting to painting, you made your way out of the giant, beautifully architectured building, spotting a small dinner nearby and deciding to grab some dinner before heading back to the hotel. You were looking over the menu when the waitress came up to take your order, instead of asking what you wanted though she stood there and stared at you, finally giving you a dazzling grin.

"Your Elodie right? The girl who was hanging around with Park Jimin?"

"Uh, I mean..." You were shocked, not expecting the International Army to really care as much as the Korean Army did.

"It's ok, I'm a fan but like not a crazy one I promise. My friends and I just thought it was really cool that he seemed happy." She pointed out, actually seeming genuine. "Are you both ok though? Some of the social media posts I've seen have been crazy."

"Oh um yeah, we're fine. Thank you." You gave her a small smile, the wheels in your head-turning.

"No problem, just know not everyone out there thinks the guys owe them anything, some of us actually just want the guys to be happy. So what can I get you, hun?"

You gave her your order and she left, leaving you to the thoughts swirling in your head. It was crazy that it took a random encounter in America to let you remember not everyone was upset by you and Jimin. I mean yeah Nani and the others had pointed out that not everyone was pissed about it, but when you're the one immersed in all the negativity, it's hard to remember that.

You made sure to leave the nice waitress a massive tip, easily twice the amount of the dinner itself, before heading back to the hotel. You needed to talk to Nani, now.