AU Home invasion part 2

Start from the beginning

Finally reaching a chair, pulling it out and seating himself across from Harry , the man finally released his hold, closed his blade, and sat down himself.

"See, that wasn't that hard." He looked thoughtfully at Louis. But Louis only had eyes for Harry right now.

He looked so scared, his eyes wide. The different sizes of his pupils and bruises blooming across the right side of his face indicating what type of violence had been perpetrated against him. Louis wanted to throw himself across the table, grab Harry up in his arms and protect him.

Protect him. He should have been home to protect him, he should have told him weeks ago about his current case and recent threats. He wanted to prostrate himself in front of the love of his life and beg forgiveness for failing him. He had caused this. He had caused this pain and fear to be a reality that he had never ever wanted Harry to face, much less face alone.

"Harry ," he breathed out reaching across the table. Harry in turn strained against the tape that trapped him to the chair to meet the hand halfway, desperate for a nice touch, any physical connection to his sun, his heart, his love.

But this moment was ruined before it could fully form as the man made himself known again by swatting Louis' hands away and putting a firm hand on Harry's chest, pushing him back to the chair.

New tears leaking from his eyes. "He just won't stop with the water works," the man says, going to brush the tears away as Harry flinches away.

"Do not touch him," Louis' steel voice commands as he rises partially from his chair and grabs the man's wrist in his hand.

It is when the man turns to look at him, pulling his hand away from Harry and out of Louis' grasp that Louis finally recognizes him.

"Nick?" Louis says as some pieces of this terrifying and strange puzzle slide home.

He was one of the cadets he went through the police academy with. Quick temper and a great shot. He had breezed through the course work telling everybody that his grades didn't matter because his uncle was gonna be the next commissioner or some other nepotism nonsense. Louis had always quipped back, that was a dangerous game to play, a cop that didn't know what he was doing. Nick had always easily brushed the comments off and they had both graduated and gone off to their separate paths. Louis had mostly forgotten about him until he showed up at his home, beaten his husband and then, apparently, made him cook dinner.

Sitting down slowly, Nick smiled back at his identity finally dawning on Louis. "I was wondering if you were gonna remember me Officer."

"I'm not a police officer anymore," Louis answered back. Racking his brain for the most logical reason this man had suddenly shown back up in his life.

"Yeah. You never were cut out to be a good police officer anyways. No, you never quite grasped the importance of the grays of policing. Too focused on making everything black or white. Good or evil. And that's what I'm here for tonight. Just a little re-education on the importance of the gray,"

"What are you talking about?" Louis asked back to Nick. His mind whirling with the different avenues this could head down.

"My two employers have become, let's say, annoyed with your meddlings over the last few weeks. See, what is good for Merrick, is good for the city. We, down at the precinct, have discovered how important it can be to create relationships and trust with some people who you believe to be evil. But our work is to foster a better future for this city. It just might come at the sacrifice of some. Are you following me so far?"

"I think so," Louis croaked out. He wanted to ask Nick how this better future was working out for Alyssa and the other girls like her. Wanted to shout at him for how far off his moral compass had been skewed. But, more than anything he wanted him out of his house!

"Wonderful, so we can come to an understanding?"

Louis nods his head numbly, turning his gaze back to Harry. Eyes connecting again across the table. Oh, what he would say and agree to right now just to hear Harry speak to him.

"Well, let's grab your keys and head to your office, then,'' Nick says merrily as he opens his knife once more.

Louis whipped his head around and gave Nick an incredulous and confused look. "What? Why?"

"Just a precaution. My bosses want to make sure all of the evidence you have collected against the Merrick crime family and it's connections to any city employees is thoroughly and completely destroyed. And I'm just assuming it's all at your office," Nick says as he moves to stand up.

Louis' mind tracking and trying to catch up, realizes at least this is a chance to remove the man from his house and his Harry .

But, he felt his whole chest seize and turn cold as Nick moved to cut the tape away that was attaching Harry to the kitchen chair.

"Woah, hey, we can leave him out of this." Louis said quickly, rising from his own chair. "He doesn't have anything to do with this. I haven't told him anything about this. Please, we can just leave him here," Louis can hear his voice moving more and more into a pleading tone. He had never been great at hostage negotiations, always wearing his feelings on his sleeve.

"You know, earlier, Harry here said that there wasn't anything of value in this apartment," Nick said as he manhandled Harry up from the kitchen chair. Harry putting on a show of irritation and general unease of this man touching him again. A small keening noise escaping his throat as Nick once more put the knife to his throat. "But I disagreed with him. I think for you, the most valuable thing in this apartment is this man. The way I have seen you look at him, touch him, whisper sweetly in his ear," Nick acting out the last part of his words as he had seen Louis do, causing Harry to flinch away eyes clenched shut pulling in a quick inhale loudly through his nose. "I have a feeling that you would do anything in your power to keep him safe,"

"Of course I would!" Louis felt his voice rising, anger and fear boiling inside him at the way Harry was being treated and touched and how visibly Harry did not want Nick anywhere close to him.

"Which is why you understand why he has to come with us. Once the documents and evidence of value to my boss are destroyed, then this valuable man will be returned to you." Gripping Harry face and bringing it up to once again look at Louis.

They locked eyes. And Louis felt something crumbling away inside of himself. Anything, he knew, he would do anything to keep Harry safe.

Grabbing his keys from his pocket, Louis answered back, "Alright then, let's get going."

soooooooooo i'm still alive hope you enjoy this part

lemme know if there are any requests!