Chapter Twenty Three

Start from the beginning

"No, my dear." Sabay iling habang nakangiti. "Greed bows to me. It is my servant and my slave."

Si Taniesha naman ang umiling.

"Greed makes an evil out of us. It is the root of the most punished crime. Our desires and appetites are often satisfied at the expense of those around us. In a dog-eat-dog world, we lose part of our humanity."

"I've lost my humanity a long time ago." Balik nito sakanya. "Being human makes people weak because they live with their emotions. I took you so you won't end up like the others. I helped you control your emotions, I removed your fears for you to become one of the best. And because of that, no one can ever break you."

At dahil sa sinabi nito ay mas pinakita niya ang tunay na emosyong nadarama. Pinaghalong galit, dismaya, lungkot at takot.

"You don't know how broken we are- the Gems. You thought you made us stronger but the truth is, FLAW has broken us a long time ago. You have ruined us the day we set foot on that fucking island!" Sigaw niya.

"We gave you a purpose, Amethyst. You should be grateful for that."

Mas lalo lamang siyang nanggigil sa galit.

"Fuck you!" Sigaw niya. "I'm going to kill you right here, right now. There's no stopping me, now that I have nothing to lose anymore."

"You know you can't defeat me." He was mocking her.

"I know." At saka pumosisyon na. "But I will keep on trying. I'm a Gem, right? So I won't give up until my last breath. Let's see how unbreakable you are, Sensei."

"Are you ready to die, my dear student?" Tanong nito sa kanya na inihampas pa ang hawak na sandata sa hangin bago pumosisyon.

"Yes. Are you?"

Sumeryoso na ang itsura nito at wala nang mapang-asar na ngiti sa labi. Amethyst knew that he is ready to fight her again and she needs to keep her focus so she can guard his attack.

Siya na ang unang umatake at kaagad nitong nasangga iyon. Panay lang ang iwas nito at mukhang nababasa na naman nito ang mga galaw niya.

Fuck!

Mura niya sa isip nang gumanti ito ng atake at natamaan siya sa may balikat.

Pumunit siya ng kapirasong tela mula sa kanyang suot upang ipang-tali sa kanyang sugat na medyo malalim nang kaunti.

"Does that hurt? Do you feel the pain?" Nanunuyang tanong nito sa kanya.

Imbes na sumagot siya ay umatake na lamang siya at saktong natamaan din niya ito sa may kanang pisngi.

"Does that hurt? Do you feel the fucking pain?" Panggagaya niya na nginisihan lang nito.

"You look tired and weary." Patuloy nito sa pag-ngisi.

"I can do this all night." Mayabang niyang sabi na bumanat na naman ng atake.

She strikes him forward with her weapon in her right hand and she followed it with her knee kick to hit him in the abdomen. She was successful in that attack so she followed it with a high kick that landed on his face.