I'd wait all day, just for a maybe. im trying to find a way to be worthy

Start from the beginning

I noticed that Thalia had distracted the group with random gossip so that Annabeth and luke could deal with their shit in private.

The crowd was enticed with whatever Thalia was talking about and had forgotten about Annabeth and luke and they were slowly slipping from the group.

Thalia might not spend as much time as she used to with Annabeth but she still knows exactly what Annabeth needs at this moment.

I met Thalia's eyes and with a slight nod of her head gestured me to follow them.

**********

Annabeth was the one who spoke first. "Is it true?"

Luke hesitated.

She said, "don't lie to me luke its the least you could do"

He hung his head. "Yes" he said in a feeble monotone.

Tears spilled from her eyes. "Thanks for being honest with me"

She wiped her eyes and asked, "why'd you do it?"

Silence. He didn't utter a single word and just continued to hang his head.

"You've known me ever since we were kids, luke. I'd like to know how we went from being best friends, siblings even to enemies."

"What went wrong luke?" She feebly mumbled and her voice broke in the middle.

He still remained silent.

"Alright then" she said and turned away from him and started to walk back to Thalia.

He caught her hand and said, "wait, Annie"

She looked so tired and weary when she turned like luke was dementor sucking all the happiness from her life and tainting her childhood. "What is it?"

He just looked at her and said, "nothing"

She wrenched her hands from his grip, full of anger and said "don't call me Annie. In fact don't even call me again. I don't ever want to see your face again in my life"

As she walked away he tried again. "Annie!" He yelled.

She didn't even try to turn. All I saw on her face was a look of pure determination.

He grimaced at the cold guesture and saw that he had an audience.

He said "I'm not sure whether I should thank you for not telling Annabeth about recent....incidences or should I laugh at your cowardice"

I coolly said, "calling the guy who brought an end to your reign a coward is not gonna do you much good"

He waved it off. "I just lost my best friend/girlfriend and just got my ass humiliated and if coach knew about this then I will be kicked off the team. The only thing that I have left is my spite and my sarcasm let me use that"

"Self pity is not a good look on you but it is better than that usual conniving snake look you got going on" I said.

He chucked. He fucking just laughed when I burned him!!!! What happened to luke?

He fondly said, "if only" and walked away.

Weird.

Somehow I don't think he was talking about the snake look.

************

I tentatively knocked on Annabeth's door. She didn't look like how I imagined heartbroken women look like. She seemed more....... relaxed i guess.

"Hey!" She said

"Hey, what are you doing?"

"Homework"

Seriously??? she just broke up with luke and she is doing homework???

"Well its better than sitting around moping about him" she said and I realized that I had spoken out loud.

She invited me in and asked, "what do you want? I'm pretty sure you're not here for help with your homework a.k.a I do you your homework while you play some game" she joked.

I sat on the bed and looked at my hands "Well its about luke" I said.

She sighed. "Ugh. Do we have to talk about that asshole fake friend? Its a waste of time anyway"

she was trying to look like she is normal for my sake I think but I could see right through her charade.

"Um I'll talk you listen"

She sighed and turned to face me.

"Luke wanted to give this to you for your two month anniversary and-"

She cut me off. "If this is his version of an apology then I swear I'm gonna kill you. I thought you hated him?"

"No not an apology and yes I do hate him but- you know what I'm gonna start over"

She skeptically side eyed me.

I cleared my throat. "In the summer that luke bullied you he destroyed your stuff right?"

"Yes but where are you going with this?" she sat down on the bed next to me.

"Well in that incident your laptop was missing and we'd all thought that it was broken or damaged or lost right?"

She instantly became erect and moved closer to me and looked at me intently. "Yes. I even checked to see if they sold it or something but we never found anything"

"Well..." I took out the bag I got from silena. "Luke didn't destroy it. He had kept it and wanted to give it to you this week. He was gonna lie that he had found it in the attic of the camp. Its in pristine condition and you can transfer all your blueprints"

I smiled at her excited look. She looked so much like a kid who just opened their Christmas present.

I continued, "confession: I already knew that luke did this but if I had told you before we got silena on our side he would have destroyed it as it evidence that he did it, all your hard work will be lost so that's why it took so long- are you ok?"

She didn't even move an inch since she saw the laptop. Maybe I got the wrong laptop? Or is it not working? It was working when the tech guy checked it.

She put her hands around my neck and pulled me closer and kissed me.

Spoiler alert: it was everything I'd imagined it would be.

Not that I thought about it a lot.

It was just perfect like the circuit that had just been completed and desire was coursing through our veins instead of electricity.

Her lips were so soft and supple and just so kissable. I don't think I enjoyed kissing someone so much and this only the first one.

I've known her for 4 fucking years and yet I didn't notice her even once. The only thing I would tell my past me was to stop being a dickhead and talk to her and become her friend.

I realized that it would have been disastrous if I had done that as Annabeth was convinced that I was her bully. Maybe this is for the best.

Annabeth suddenly realized something and quickly pulled away.

She looked at me and said, "I shouldn't have done that"