09. Popular Kid

There was a moment of silence between us. A pair of hazel eyes stared at me and I stiffened. She had an intimidating stare that braught my anxiety up. Her hair was cool though. It looked like your typical scene kid's hair but with twist. She's got that side cut and parting that complimented her high rise cheek bones.

"You the Warren guy?" She asks, I hesistantly nod my head. "I see what Bryan sees in you now; bad boy in disguise."

"Who are you?" I'm mumbled.

"Ashleigh, also known as the 'school slut'." She smirks, I love how she doesn't mind saying her title. I would never do that if I was the 'school slut'.

"Oh, Lilly told me about you," I pointed out.

"Ugh, gossipletter. Can't stand that chick," She rolls her eyes. "Anyways, wanted to invite you this saturday. I'm throwing a party and only popular kids can come."

"I'm not popular," I frowned. I truly wasn't. I was just some kid who was new and caught a sex maching in his first day of school.

"Open you ears," She orders.

I metaphoriclly did that like I'm some some rabbit in a cartoon and I was surprised to what I heard.

"Hey isn't that Warren Davies? He's a popular kid, what is he doing at the library?"

"Guy driving an Audi,"

"New guy in swimteam who everyone melts for."

I faced Ashleigh again.

"See you at the party, here is the adress." She says while handing me a piece of paper in my hand before walking out of the library.

I stared at the crunched up paper in my hand reading some adress and number. I wasn't the party guy material what so ever. The tought of music deafining you and sweaty bodies dancing around just frightened me. However it was nice to be called popular in a school you're oblivious too.

I stood up and started to make my way to art

~~~

"Where were you the whole day?" Lilly asks sitting in front of me as I intook a forfull of potatoes.

*insert irish accent* POTATOOOOO

"Emoing," I replied.

"You're invited to Ashleigh's party right?" She seeks.

"How did you know?"

"Gossipletter," She smirks. I roll my eyes.

I playfully slapped her hand away as she tried to have one of my fries. Not happening you red head chick. Potatoes are life. *insert peace sign emoji*

She poineted out to go get a brownie and I let her be. I just wanted alone time with my potatoes. I continued to eat and eat and eat when I heard a group of girls gigles as they walked pass me. So I guess it's true then? I'm popular? It still feels wierd to say that. I mean I do consider myself popular in my old school but that was because they knew the façade, not me.

"Gosh you're skinny," Lilly nearly chokes on her brownie.

Usually a guy would take that as an insult because we all know men want to be bulk but I don't. Instead I took that as a compliment since I've been recently having some anorexia toughts.

"Thanks," I replied shyly and she looked shocked at my reply but I shrugged it off.

"So tell me about you," She smiles.

I sighed and started. "Well I'm Warren Davies,"

She nearly spat her coke at me.

"No shit," She teases.

I rolled my eyes and continued.

~~~

Her eyes started to water as I finished with the last note of my suicide story. Is my life that cliché of a movie? By now I would've tought it wouldn't come as a shock since there are so many suicidal kids on social media.

"Lilly," I snapped.

"I'm sorry, I'm. I'm really emo right now, I'll see you in a bit." She says and stands up grabbing her tray along and left me looking like a lone wolf in the middle of the cafeteria.

I shrugged and finished my potato. I placed my tray by the 'discard' place and walked to math's class. Math's was more of like a time for Bryan to stare at me. I groaned and walked down the hallway until I realised that same axe smell. i was contemplating wether it was Ashleigh or Bryan. Ashleigh wears high heels. Great.

I took deep breaths and sped up my pase. I kept my head down the whole time. Until I was spun around and pushed to the wall by a thirsty Bryan. A few looked by but I guess the school was used to Bryan shoving people to walls in a weird fetish kind of way or actually 'I'm going to kill you', kind of way.

"Bryan," I sighed in shock.

"God you smell delicous," He moans breathing to my sweet pot on my neck. This kid needs help.

But it made me moan quite aloud so maybe I need help too.

"I'll see you on saturday," He says and walks down the hallway.

At first I taught I was free for a while then I saw him in Math's.