Chapter 27 - Day 1

Start from the beginning

The boys started to change in the corner of one of the areas. I leaned against the wall, standing by Kageyama who was going through his back. He then turned to Hinata and I deadpanned. He was shaking. This better not be a recap of what happened during the practice match with Aoba Johsai, I thought to myself before shaking my head. No, he was fine during the Nekoma practice so we should be okay... Unless...

"Oi you're not going to say your stomach hurts again or any of that, right." Kageyama said and Hinata started to mumble. The setter and I looked at each other with raised brows before looking back at Hinata.

"I-m... Sh-Shaving with excrement!!!' Hinata shouted.

"WAIT WHAT?!" Kageyama yelled confused and I started to cough, choking on my own spit.

"You meant to ("COUGH COUGH!") say "Shaking with excitement," ("(Y/N) here! Drink some water!") right?" Suga asked Hinata who was still shaking while in the background Daichi gave me a bottle of water, which I gratefully accepted. I drank from the bottle with a slightly flushed face and let out one more cough, wiping my mouth with my sleeve and handing the bottle back to him.

"Thanks." "No problem."

Kageyama, Tanaka, Suga, and Noya were all surrounding Hinata. "Nope, it's just normal shivering!" Tanaka blurted out, a smile on his face.

Noya laughed. "Seeing those Datekou guys left ya scared didn't it!"

"T-There's no way I am n-not," Hinata stuttered as Noya and Tanaka kept picking on him. Next to me, Kageyama had a grim look and I could tell he was having war flashbacks to when Hinata got overwhelmed with anxiety during the Seijoh game.

"But Asahi isn't all that nervous, even though he's just as timid," Suga stated.

"...Timid..." Asahi muttered with a betrayed expression.

I placed my hand on his shoulder and Kageyama looked up at me, his lips pursed. "Don't worry Tobio, Shoyo will be fine." I smiled. "Our anxiety filled ace will help him." My smile glazed over and Kageyama's expression warped, he sweatdropped as we watched Asahi walk up to Hinata.

"What you need is something to distract you from anxiety," Asahi said and Hinata tilted his head. "Think of the absolute scariest thing you've ever experienced. If that's at the top of the fear scale, then you can say, "There's no way anything that happens from here on will be scarier than that, so it will be fine!""

Hinata nodded as Asahi smiled. Placing his hand under his chin, the ginger started to think and I sweatdropped. "Ah!" he screamed and went pale, sweat dripping down his face as Kageyama, Suga, and I looked at him in concern.

"Ah. I'm alright now." I laughed when I saw Hinata's monk-like ascending expression.

"Oi just what are you remembering!" Suga exclaimed, concerned while I continued to laugh.

"If you know how to deal with it, then why'd you cave like that during the match with Datekou?" Noya asked and an imaginary red arrow went through Asahi's chest.

I cringed. "Noya is unconsciously brutal," I whispered to Tanaka.

"Noya-san's pouring salt on that wound again!" Tanaka cried out.

"I didn't have a chance to imagine something like that... And imagining itself requires time and concentration and all sorts of other things!" Asahi tried to defend himself from Noya.

"What a pain." "I wholeheartedly agree with that Koshi-senpai."

"Speaking of something scary, what would you think of (Y/N)?" Hinata asked and I pondered for a moment. My mind flashed to fighting with Akashi and his angry expression, losing Ryouta in a crowd after getting chased by fangirls, failing tests and having Midorima and Akashi brutally tutor me. I then paled as I remembered the scariest event that I could think of.