Chapter 27 - Day 1

Futakuchi POV

I watched with amusement as Aone pointed at the Karasuno player with his hair tied in a bun. This must be the ace, I thought to myself, knowing that Aone always locked onto a team's ace.

"What the hell you ba-" the midget next to the ace started to speak, but was cut off by the dude standing up to Aone, looking him in the eye.

"Ho-Hold it. Hooold it~ Stop that!" Moniwa shouted, pushing through our teammates to grab Aone's arm. "I'm really sorry! Really sorry!" I sighed, my senpai looked nervous. "Hey Futakuchi help me out here!"

I hummed. "Kaaay." Grabbing Aone's arm, I pushed it down and started to push him away from the Karasuno team. "Sorry about that. This guy has a habit of locking on to you if he knows you're an ace... So..." I looked over my shoulder, smirking. "Please be prepared for it."

We started walking away until a familiar voice called out to me. "Kenji-senpai you aren't going to greet me?"

My team stopped walking, turning around to me with confused looks. I tilted my head, looking back to see a familiar face besides the ace. "(Y/N)? What are you doing here?" I asked, walking up to her with my hands in my pockets.

She smiled at me. "Why do you think?" she tugged on her jacket sleeve and my eyes widened when I noticed she was a part of Karasuno. She smirked. "Assistant coach here."

I blinked and then competitively smirked. "Hmmm I see, so you can become an assistant coach yet you can't find your way back home."

Her eye twitched. One point for me, I thought, my grin widening. "I may not have been able to find my way back home, but you guys aren't going to find a way to win your match against us~"

My smile twitched and her shit-eating grin got bigger. One point for her. "We will see chibi." I turned around, walking to my team. "Let's hope you can keep those big words."

"Of course Kenji-senpai," she replied as we started to walk away. "Don't trip and fall onto the ground again~!"

"It was one time dammit!" I shouted back, remembering how when we were walking I tripped over because I wasn't paying attention.

I grumbled as we walked away from them and Moniwa looked at me. "How do you know her?"

I shrugged my shoulders. "Helped her when she got lost like an idiot."

(Y/N) POV

I sneezed, cursing whoever was talking about me behind my back. The boys looked at me curiously, probably wondering why I knew someone from Date Tech.

It was silent until Sugawara spoke, "Wow, that was a bit jarring... Asahi you did a good job, not averting your eye-..."

Looking over at Asahi, he was frozen with sweat rolling down his face. I laughed when Suga and Tanaka flinched with surprise. "N-Now I'm nervous," Asahi muttered and I patted his back in support.

"Why're you so weak off the court?" Noya blurted out and Daichi chopped his head.

"Noya-san have a little tack!" Narita scolded.

"How did you know that guy (Y/N)?!" Hinata asked me and I smiled, the others looking at me.

"Futakuchi Kenji, second year student and member of Date Tech volleyball club," I started to explain. "He's a good player that we need to keep our eye on."

"You didn't explain how you met," Tsukishima commented and I shrugged.

"He helped me when I was lost like an idiot."