1

-Sometimes around 1245, France, Kingdom of Aquitaine-

Her face was turned towards the moon as she closed her eyes. Silently, she enjoyed the moonlight and the deafening silence around her. It was a very calm night during a peaceful time.

The moonlight brightly shone on her dark hair, making her already pale skin even paler. She couldn't hear the festivities from the pond in her village. Her whole family and friends have come from all around the kingdom to enjoy this particular full moon.

This full moon for others wasn't anything special. Simply round and silver. But for the Druids of Bordeaux, this one was special. It was a day (more like a night) to remember as it marked the end of a war and the beginning of essential alliances.

A century ago, her family, the powerful De Letang, was at war with another powerful family, the Robert. However, the war was endless and lasted for far too long. One day, her great-grandmother, Jeanne De Letang, decided it was enough. Too much blood had been shed. She organised negotiations with all the families at war. She sat them all down in one room, forcing them to talk to each other until a peace agreement was agreed on.

The negotiation lasted for eight days. By the end of the last one, one of the leaders went out to meet with her great-grandmother, announcing the beginning of a very new coven: the Druidic Alliance.

The man named her great-grandmother the new leader, and there has been only peace since then.

Olympe should have been enjoying the evening like the rest of them, but, as part of her gifts, she could sense something in the air. She could hear the trees around her whispering about some great danger. It could be nothing, but it also could be a real danger. And that thought refused to leave her mind since early this day.

Although close to the pound and under the moonlight, she successfully calmed her nerves surrounded by silence.

"It was nothing," she convinced herself, "nothing that could hurt my family at least."

And with that last thought, she turned around, leaving the pound behind her, re-joining the party.

*

A few days have passed since the Full Moon festivities, and Olympe De Letang attended some villagers. As the epoch progressed, she took the unusual habit of healing the sick and infirm.

One thing Druids were better at than simple witches was the medical arts. Druids knew about medicine and all the plants and flowers that could help the recovery, and Olympe was the best of her family when it came to medicine. At barely twenty, she had mastered the art of potion, infusion, ointment, and so on.

On this bright morning, wearing a cotton dress of soft green, she was on her way to see one of her current patients, the local governor, Alaric Delacroix. She didn't particularly like the man, but he authorised her to practice her art, so she couldn't really complain. He was currently feeling sick to his stomach, most likely from too many feasts and too much wine.