7

-1925-

-1925-

Olympe had never seen Rebekah so much in love. By the way, she had been staring at the handsome young man named Marcellus that Niklaus had just saved from slavery; it was as apparent as day. Though she tried her best to hide it from her brother, Niklaus wasn't blind either. He, himself, was in love and was loved in return; therefore, he knew what love looked like in someone's eyes.

Olympe had tried to convince Niklaus to let his sister and Marcellus be what they wanted so desperately wanted to be, but he was scared. Scared that his dear sister would turn her back on him and leave him for a better man.

Therefore, rather than trying to convince Niklaus, Olympe helped the couple in every way she could. It worked, and for some time, it had been enough. Until it wasn't.

For some time, they had been living peacefully, or as peaceful as they could live with the Mikaelson be. They had found the city of New Orleans quite pleasant and had decided to stay and build their home there. The compound they had chosen was beautiful. A mix between french architecture and a more local one, with dozens of different kinds of plants and flowers all around the place per Olympe's requirement.

They had organised multiple parties and helped build and develop the city.

They had under control the different supernatural beings, and Niklaus was finally reigning as a king.

Olympe liked the place. She enjoyed it even more, the day Niklaus came back holding by the hand a boy, announcing to everyone that he would be a new addition to their family. That's how Marcellus became a part of the strongest vampire family of all time. That's also how Olympe became his new mother. It had been a new feeling for her as she had never been a mother to anyone before, but she had learned to embrace it.

Now, Olympe was resting on the balcony, watching the folks dancing and chatting along the street. Her mind was on the dress she'd be wearing for tonight's opera, to which she was going with her lover and his sister. A slight motion in the air alerted her that someone was in her room, and she turned to see Niklaus.

Regardless of how long she had been with him, he always succeeded in taking her breath away. It was as if he was only becoming more handsome with time, ageing like fine wine. If Niklaus could age.

Catching her staring, he softly smiled, showing his pearly white teeth.

"Can I bother you, love?" He asked.

"Always," she replied, going back inside the room. She motioned to Niklaus to sit by her side on the sofa, "what is it?"

"I need to ask you something," he started. Olympe had the odd feeling that he was nervous. She wondered why. "It is very important."

"You're scaring me," she tried to joke.

He cleared his throat before speaking:

"We have known each other for more than six hundred and fifty years," he slowly started, taking her hands into his, warming her from the inside out. "And I've loved you for as many years, Olympe. It took me some time to realise it. Once I did, I felt the most vulnerable I have ever felt in my entire existence. It felt odd, and I wanted to fight it. But how could I fight my feelings for you when you are so perfect. You are beautiful, clever, and thoughtful. I enjoy watching you read medicine books as much as I enjoy watching you prepare the deadliest poison on earth. You are cunning, mean and confidant, and it looks so charming on you, love. It is like to see myself mirrored..." he stopped to kiss her hands, observing her eyes with a soft smile.