8

A week had passed, and Thomas' physical condition was better, but not his mental state

A week had passed, and Thomas' physical condition was better, but not his mental state. Despite knowing what war could do to someone, she still hoped that he would be better after some time.

But he was not. He would wake up screaming or delirious, attacking anyone close to him at the moment. Olympe feared not only for his life but for the people around him. Like the rest of her family, Thomas was a powerful druid, and sometimes, when he was too out of it, he would lose control over his power. When it happened, she had to compel at least a dozen people.

Rebekah, who was helping at the hospital recently, suggested that killing might be the correct answer. However, Olympe was unwilling. She didn't want to kill her own kind, her own blood.

After consideration, she had sent a letter to her descendants in her hometown and was waiting for an answer. In the letter, she asked who was Thomas De Letang for her family and if someone could come to Paris to see him.

Olympe was currently dealing with another Thomas's crisis, and she was trying to contain his power. She had forced everyone out of the room before locking herself in. She was casting a barrier spell, forcing the young man to stay in the centre of the room while she tried to calm him down.

"Come on, Thomas, it's me, Olympe!" She yelled, hoping he would come back to his senses. But, he continued to scream as he rushed against the invisible barrier.

"Okay, enough is enough..." she declared, irritated despite herself. She snapped her fingers, and immediately, Thomas fell unconscious on the ground.

Gently, she put him back to bed, attaching his limbs to it, then cleaned off the sweat from his face, changed his bandages and applied ointments to all his wounds. He was physically healing slowly but surely. She wasn't too worried about it.

She squatted by his side, next to the bed, waiting for him to wake up again, hoping this time would be more peaceful.

After a while, he slowly stirred, his eyes blinking quickly to adapt to the light before finally settling.

"Olympe?" He whispered, his voice hoarse from his yelling and his dehydration.

"I'm here," she said, taking the glass of water from the table beside her and slowly pressing it against his lips as she lifted his head for him to drink.

"Thanks," he tiredly whispered, his voice slightly better.

"Okay, let's sum up what is doing better in your body, shall we, Thomas?" She spoke with a smile, trying her best to lighten up the mood.

"Your abdominal wounds are quickly healing, and in approximately one week, you'll only have scars. Concerning the wounds on your arms, it might need a little more time just to be sure, but it is healing just fine as well. For your burns, the one on your chest is already doing better. The paste works the best there, you'll only have a scar in two weeks, and the pain will also be gone. For your face, same thing, but because the burn is deeper there, you will need another full month to be free from pain." She listed, gently touching each part as she talked.