18

There's things I wanna say to you

But I'll just let you live

Like if you hold me without hurting me

You'll be the first who ever did

There's things I wanna talk about

But better not to keep

But if you hold me without hurting me

You'll be the first who ever did

Lana Del Rey, Cinnamon girl

*

"Her name is Hope," Hayley murmured while holding her daughter close to her.

Niklaus watched his daughter with bright eyes and disbelief. He rarely felt so happy. Suddenly, as Niklaus was staring adoringly at his newborn daughter, he felt a soft kiss on his cheek, and before he could turn to see Olympe - he knew it was her only by the feeling of her lips against his - she had already fled the scene.

His siblings and Marcel quickly arrived after, and they all stayed in this awed state, staring at the small Hope. However, Kol was frantically looking around, spotting the large blood trail by the altar and on the ground.

"Where's Olympe?" He asked, the urgency growing in his voice.

Niklaus stiffened, looking around while stepping away from Hayley and the baby. Rebekah quickly took his place.

"She left when we arrived," whispered Elijah, now looking slightly worried if not guilty.

"You ungrateful bastards!" Kol yelled angrily at the two. "Where is she? She's obviously hurt!"

A sudden thought hit Niklaus, and he shivered.

"Werewolf venom," he whispered, feeling the panic growing in his chest. "She was dying because of the venom at the church, and she didn't let me heal her properly... She had so many bites, she would've needed more blood, I-"

A sudden punch stopped him in his explanation, and Niklaus, pressing his nose in his hands, had to face Kol's murderous glare.

"You really are the worst man she could have ever fallen in love with," he spat angrily. He barely controlled himself if his black reddish vampire's eyes were an indication. Elijah stood between the two and strongly held his younger brother's shoulders.

"We'll find her," he declared, already looking at the blood trace.

"You're no better than him," Kol growled, pushing Elijah's hands away and running in the direction of the blood marks. Niklaus quickly followed him, right on his heels, his heart anxiously clenching.