5.1

Frightened by my own reflection

Desperate for a new connection

Pull you in but don't you get too close

Love you now but not tomorrow

Wrong to steal but not to borrow

Pull you in but don't you get too close

-Miley Cyrus, Plastic Heart

-1745-

Olympe and Nik waltzed around the large hall as the music softly played. Dozens of other couples followed them, but they caught everyone's attention.

The beautiful Olympe had put diamonds in her hair and wore a pearly white dress covered in thousands of little diamonds. She had applied red lipstick to her lips while a sheer silvery powder coated her hazel cat-shaped eyes.

Her partner knew she was mesmerising, and he held her tightly. He looked at her as if she carried the whole world in her arms.

Niklaus, himself, looked handsome. His hair was shorter and still bright gold, and due to his wide smile, his bright blue eyes appeared slightly crinkled. He was a lucky man, he thought. She was perfect.

He had grown as close to her as she would allow him over the centuries. However, the first hundreds of years had been wild for her. She has completely lost control and turned off her humanity, going around shredding blood on her way. It took some time to get back to who she used to be.

Then, she had left them with Kol and Rebekah for one more century, going back to Europe. It had been nearly ninety years since Rebekah and Kol shared a home together before Rebekah sent an urgent letter telling her brothers that they were becoming as wild as the beasts she had once pursued. As a result, Elijah and Niklaus also returned to Europe.

*

They found them in the Netherlands, housed by a certain Lord Prisca Fiene who seemed to fancy Olympe.

Finn, who had never appreciated being a vampire, saw the threat of Olympe and Kol and proposed putting them down for good. After all, Kol had lived more than five hundred years and Olympe good three hundred. However, the mere idea didn't settle well with Niklaus, so he put down his brother with his new enchanted dagger.

Niklaus's special daggers were his new discovery. He had to charm a witch and gain her trust for her to accept creating these. But now, he was able to temporarily put down his immortal siblings until he decided to remove the dagger from their hearts.

In spite of this, when Elijah and Klaus arrived at Lord Fiene's castle and found Kol and Olympe happily feasting on maids and helpers in a rather large cave, the idea of putting both vampires down temporarily crossed their minds.