4

Olympe was on the ground, the deep wound on her chest profusely bleeding

Olympe was on the ground, the deep wound on her chest profusely bleeding. She sighed, some tears escaping her eyes.

She had been stupid to think she could take him alone. As powerful as she was, she was still very much mortal, compared to a massive vampire.

She had put up a good fight, though.

And now, she was dying.

The Mikaelson was spread out all around the forest, and she was utterly alone. She laughed as the sudden feeling of loneliness tightened her throat.

She was ridiculous, she thought.

As she bathed in the moonlight, she closed her eyes. She had succeeded. She could face the dead, knowing that at least.

"Olympe!" As she slipped away, surrounded by a pool of her own blood, an unexpected yell reverberated throughout the forest.

"Olympe, no!" Elijah ran by her side, attracted by the odour of her blood. He fell on his knees, quickly cutting his wrist, putting it against her lips and forcing her to drink his blood. He didn't even look at the vampire's corpse lying by their side.

"Please... It can't be..." he repeated again and again, like a mantra.

Niklaus and Kol had joined him, alerted by the screams, all falling to their knees, fearing the worst for their friend.

Having removed his wrist from her lips, Elijah waited for her to open her eyes or at least move, but she did not. Olympe was limp in his arms, the gaping wound on her side still bleeding.

Running, Rebekah and Finn arrived by their side. A loud sob escaped Rebekah's lips while tears flowed down Kol's and Elijah's faces. Finn took care of the dead vampire with Niklaus, setting him on fire.

They were back to Lord Smith's manor, waking the entire house. Elijah had put Olympe in her bed, letting Rebekah clean the blood from her body. They were all in the large living room, mourning with copious amounts of alcohol and irritatingly answering Lord Smith's questions.

"Elijah!" The sudden yell of Rebekah resonated through the whole house, her brothers running to her, abandoning the Lord.

"What is it?" Immediately asked Niklaus, rushing to Olympe's side.

One side of the young girl's silky white dress was stained with her own blood.

"She healed," answered Rebekah, pointing to the supposedly gaping wound, now completely gone, except for a thin white scar.

"She's alive," Kol cheerfully whispered, sitting on the bed to hold one of her hands. "It worked."

It took a few more hours for Olympe to indeed be undead. By dawn, her eyes started to flutter open. When she opened her eyes, she took a sharp breath, her eyes wide in panic.

"Ugh, what the bloody hell happened?" She grumpily asked, holding her pounding head.

She felt overwhelmed by her senses. It was like everything felt enhanced tenfolds.