Chapter 132 - To Bully Intolerably

Start from the beginning

"Gotcha! Don't worry, there's no way he can escape." Hidden Blade charged forward with Vanguard Rush and swung his claymore at Nie Yan.

After suffering the enemy's ambush, even though he didn't want the Zombie King to be snatched away by them, he had no choice but to retreat for the time being. Preserving his life always came first; as long as he had his life, he could figure out what to do next later. He activated Shadow Waltz and disappeared from their view. Thanks to the speed increase from Shadow Waltz, he was able to safely retreat far away.

Hidden Blade never expected Nie Yan would suddenly disappear. By the time he swung his claymore, Nie Yan was already far gone, and so his attack hit nothing but air.

"Be careful, he entered stealth!"

"He's too fast. I wasn't able to stop him!" Night Shadow felt extremely nervous. Facing off against an expert like Nie Yan was exciting but dangerous at the same time.

After losing sight of its original target, the Zombie King's aggro shifted and it charged at the nearest target with the lowest defense, which happened to be Night Shadow.

Taunt!

After pulling the Zombie King's aggro, Hidden Blade activated Life Actuation. Immediately, his health increased by 300, his defense by 36, and his Poison Resistance by 13, making him durable enough to firmly hold off the Zombie King.

"Be careful. Don't let yourself be ambushed," Night Shadow warned.

"Relax, that Thief might've run off, but this Zombie King will definitely be ours!" Hidden Blade said in a tone full of confidence. In his current state, what sort of tricks could Nie Yan possibly pull?

Generally, a Thief would have no choice but to retreat whenever they came into conflict with a Warrior outside of the city. After all, there was nothing they could do. Warriors had much higher health and defense, so the damage a Thief could deal to them was limited. On the other hand, a Warrior's attacks could easily pierce through a Thief's weak leather armour.

This was also why Thieves usually targeted Mages, who only had cloth garments to protect themselves with.

After activating Life Actuation, Hidden Blade's health, defense, etc., had risen to an all new level. If a Thief attempted to ambush him while he was in this state, they would basically be courting death. This was the privilege of the strong looking down on the weak! Even if he allowed that puny Thief to freely attack for the next fifteen seconds, he still wouldn't be able to leave even a scratch.

In combat, many things could happen within the span of fifteen seconds. A single Tendon Break, for example, would lead to Nie Yan being completely crippled.

After witnessing Hidden Blade redirecting the aggro onto himself, Night Shadow jumped into the fray as well and aided him in taking down the Zombie King. However, he didn't dare to be as unbridled as Hidden Blade, since even though Nie Yan disappeared without a trace, he might still be lingering around.

Meanwhile, Tangerine was in the rear bombarding the Zombie King with magic. Every spell she cast caused over a hundred damage, sending its health in a downward spiral.

Nie Yan knitted his brows. This Arcane Mage's damage was quite terrifying!

"Drink an Antidote!"

"Give it your all! It's almost dead!" Hidden Blade shouted out in excitement. They were quite lucky this time around since they would be able to reap the rewards of killing an Elite without having to put in much effort.

They were completely unscrupulous, planning to snatch away the Zombie King for themselves.

Nie Yan was infuriated as he watched this. The Zombie King he worked so painstakingly hard to wear down was about to be taken by someone else. He originally wanted to save some of his skills for a particularly hard quest, but now it couldn't be helped since he had encountered something which absolutely couldn't be tolerated!