Chapter 116 - Arcane Fairy

Start from the beginning

Wielding Blood Pact +7 and Assassin's Decree +2, Nie Yan's damage saw significant improvements. Even though he was six levels lower than the Skeleton Fighter, he was still able to easily penetrate through its defenses.

Upon being struck, the Skeleton Fighter turned around while simultaneously cleaving at its aggressor with the ancient battle-axe in its left hand.

Nie Yan sidestepped to avoid the attack and countered with a slash followed by a stab.

−109

−112

He quickly depleted the Skeleton Fighter's life until about sixty health remained, whereupon he disengaged from the melee.

Undead Rite!

System: Undead Rite has failed!

As the Skeleton Fighter charged toward him, he activated Swift Retreat and continued to pull back.

Undead Rite!

System: Undead Rite has failed!

With only forty percent of his health remaining, he cast Undead Rite once more but failed on the third attempt as well. No longer having the health to cast this skill again, he dashed back into melee range and felled the Skeleton Fighter with one final blow.

He received seven hundred experience for his efforts as the Skeleton Fighter collapsed into a pile of dust. Afterward, he found a safe area to sit down and replenish his health by eating Barley Bread. When he was fully recovered, he stood up and began to seek out his next target.

Nie Yan repeated these actions until eventually, while fighting the third Skeleton Fighter, the crisp sound of the system prompt echoed after he had cast Undead Rite.

Finally... I succeeded! Nie Yan examined his new undead servant. Just like with Dark Gladiator in the Ancient City of Sulgata, the Skeleton Fighter's appearance transformed into a shade of deep, metallic black. Of course, he was now also able to control its actions and movements!

System: Set a name for your new servant.

Without putting much thought into it, he named it Fighter #1.

Having obtained his first Skeleton Fighter, the following ones would become much easier. After all, by making Fighter #1 act as a meat shield, he was able to safely cast Undead Rite from the rear. Then, if he still failed to control the undead after three attempts, he would simply order Fighter #1 to finish it off before moving on to the next target.

Finally, he managed to successfully take control of three more Skeleton Fighters, which he respectively named Fighter #2, Fighter #3, and Fighter #4. After growing accustomed to their movements by having them kill some of the mobs in the area, he began to lead them back to the area inhabited by the Skeleton Kodos.

Several minutes later, he could see a Skeleton Kodo in the distance. In comparison to it, his Skeleton Fighters seemed tiny and pathetically frail.

After thinking for a moment, Nie Yan ordered Fighter #2 to approach the Kodo. Its sole purpose was to simply play the role of bait.

Upon discovering an unfamiliar undead encroaching on its territory, the Kodo let out a deep, muffled roar and began pawing the ground with its forefeet while puffing out breaths of hot air.

The literally brainless Fighter #2 had no concept of fear and gradually closed in on its target. In the meantime, Nie Yan entered stealth and slowly circled behind the Kodo.