"Hey Izzy," Diego pulled me in for a quick hug

"Thank you for letting me tag along," I said, hopping onto the barstool, "Please don't tell me I'm going to be a third wheel though,"

He laughed, "Sergio and Katrina are coming to,"

"So I'm a fifth wheel?"

"Sergio mentioned he invited a few of his boys,"

"Maybe you'll get to see Giovanni?" Reyna quipped

A part of me was hoping for that but the other part was dreading it

"What's going on between you two?" Diego asked casually

"I don't know," I admitted, "Nothing really,"

I wish I knew but I just didn't have the answers. I didn't know how to explain the situation to people.

"Well Alessandro might be pleased to hear that," Diego joked

"I felt so bad for him last week. I don't know why Giovanni said he was my boyfriend,"

"He clearly wants people to think you're taken,"

"Well I'm not so I should be able to do what I want," I mumbled

I didn't know why this conversation was annoying me so much. Who was Giovanni to dictate who I could have a chance with? I could've definitely tried with Alessandro - he was attractive and interested in me. But no, Giovanni had to interrupt and take control of the situation.

"I thought you wanted Giovanni?" Reyna asked

"The only thing I want right now is a drink," I deflected

I gestured for the nearest waiter. Diego and Reyna didn't push the conversation any further and I was thankful for that. I didn't know how to answer their questions and that was where most of my frustration stemmed from. I knew I wanted him - hell, all day every day but I didn't know if I wanted wanted him. Or maybe I was trying to convince myself I didn't.

A pretty waitress came to take our order and we ordered a round of cocktails to start off. A year ago, if someone had told me that I would be spending most of my weekends out in Barcelona drinking, I never would have believed it. Who would have thought?

***

A few hours had passed and Katrina, Sergio, Alonzo, and Jose joined us. We were on our third round of drinks and Reyna and I were definitely already intoxicated. This was evident by our uncontrollable laughter. We didn't even know why we were laughing but we were. Diego came back to the table with a bottle of Tequila in his hands.

Reyna and I groaned in perfect unity which only made us laugh even more. Alcohol really created the illusion that everything was fine. When you're intoxicated, you didn't have to care about things that you otherwise would. After a round of shots, the music was blaring Con Calma by Daddy Yankee louder than ever.

"My song!" Reyna shrieked and reached for my arm, pulling me to the dance floor

I reached for Katrina and made her join us too. The three of us were in the middle of the dance floor singing the words at the top of our lungs. Granted I only knew the one line but I didn't care, I was enjoying this way too much. I put my hands in the air and swung my hips from side to side. I accidentally swung my arms too much to the side and ended up knocking someone in the head. He reached for his head as I turned to face me

"Oh shit! I am so sorry!" I shouted and reached for his head, rubbing it better

I was pretty sure he didn't need that but I felt so bad