The Break Up

Authors Note: Hello! This is my first fanfic, and first time sharing my stories publicly, so please bear with me if I have grammar mistakes or poorly worded sentences. But hope you like the story!

Percy POV:

I know lately that my relationship with Annabeth hasn't been...very well lately. But I never expected that these words would come out of her mouth.

"I'm breaking up with you." Annabeth said calmly.

The words that I had been dreading for had hit me like a bus. I tried holding back the stinging tears back and replied, "After all we've been through?"

She replied, " Perce I love you, I really do, but...you know how things have been lately. We're not each other's top priority anymore."

Trying to save what we have left I say, "Please Annie, I can be better! I know I can just give me another chance." 

"Perce this is not just about that...We just don't have the spark anymore..." She said sadly.

I was heartbroken and devastated but what she was saying was right...I can't even remember the last time we said "I love you" to each other. I said, "Yeah..you're right...I'm sorry Annie"

"I am too Perce.." She said hugging me. "Well I gotta go now, bye Seaweed Brain."

"Bye Wise Girl..." I said sadly as her figure got further and further away down the parking lot of the school. I got a cab back home and rushed into my room, and went under my covers, tears streaming out of my eyes. I just laid there sniffling when I heard the door open, and my mother say, "Hey baby I'm back home!" She walked into my room and noticed my under my blanket crying, and rushed to me, and said, "Percy whats wrong sweetie?"

"Nothing." I said still sniffling. 

"Okay. Tell me if you want to talk okay?" She replied sweetly.

"Yeah..thanks mom." I said

-------------------------------------------Time Skip------------------------------------

It soon became dark outside when I was just going to my contacts, I froze when I saw Annabeth's name with a heart next to it. I started thinking of her immediately when I noticed that I had scrolled further down and found the name "Nico" in my contacts. " Nico" I thought...He had always made me curious and wanting to know more about him. There was something that just drew something to him. He was shorter than me and had a slender frame, with dark hair and brown eyes. We weren't close but we said "Hi" whenever we saw each other.

So I did what I never thought I'd do...Text him