Changing Gears

Hey guys, got some sad news there are only going to be a couple of chapters of the other Sawamura left. About five or six more chapters left... I hope you guys love these last couple of chapteres and can't wait to see and hear what you guys think.

I do not own Ace of Diamond characters all I own is Hikaru, Tetsumi, Kota, and Keigo

----------------------------------

Mei stared Hikaru down as Hikaru tested the grip on his bat. Harada shot Mei a look and Mei only shook his head. Mei whined up and threw his pitch to Hikaru. Hikaru whined up and hit the ball. It was then Hikaru realized what the pitch was.

'A fast ball straight down the middle?'Hikaru wondered 'if It's a challenge you want it's a challenge you'll get. '

Hikaru hit the pitch and the ball went flying into the foul zone beside third. Mei looked at where the pitch had hit then back at Hikaru.

-----------------

Everyone in the Seido dugout watch in amazement.

"He sent a head on challenge to Hikaru!?"Haruichi asked

"Hikaru returned him one right back!"Kuramochi cried

"GO FOR IT HIKARU!"Eijun shouted "YOU BETTER NOT MISS! YOU'LL SHAME ME!"

Miyuki couldn't tare his eyes from the diamond. Never had he seen such a high intensity battle. Hikaru and Mei both had something to prove. Miyuki couldn't tell anyone what Mei or Hikaru was trying to prove, but what he could tell you was that the two were going at each other.

----------------------------

Mei couldn't believe what he had just seen....

'This kid was able to make contact off of my fastball?'Mei asked

Hikaru took a deep breath and let it out. Hikaru then prepared himself in the batter's box again. Harada wondered what type of pitch would strike this kid out....but Harada didn't have much time to think, before Mei was whinning up to throw a new pitch.

'IDIOT!'Harada cried

It was a splitter. Hikaru smirked and slammed his bat down like a golf club. The ball made contact with the bat and flew into the foul zone again. Hikaru glanced at Mei to see him fuming on the mound.

"You guys made Furuya hit so many foul balls. It's the least I can do to return the favor..."Hikaru said to Harada who looked up at Hikaru.

Harada signaled the next ball to Mei. Mei nodded and got ready to throw it. Hikaru knew what the pitch was. It was a crossfire pitch. Hikaru waited until the ball had left Mei's hands then started to swing. When Hikaru saw the ball dropping Hikaru dropped his bat. The ball and bat made contact again, but this time it flew behind Harada and Hikaru.

'Che, I almost had that one.' Hikaru thought

Hikaru turned to the umpire and said:

"Do you mind if I change sides?"

Harada was shocked by this.

"You want to move from the right box to the left?"The umpire asked

"Yes sir."Hikaru replied

"Alright." the umpire replied

Hikaru walked to the left box and got comfortable in it.

'This feels better.' Hikaru thought

Mei froze on the mound. Never had he seen this....a batter completely changing sides....that's crazy...Harada called for the next ball and Hikaru smirked. Once the ball left Mei's fingers Mei saw the look on Hikaru's face.