Last Time

What's wrong?" Jinyoung looked at me, and I knew he could see how my hands were trembling as I held the basket in my right hand

I wanted to lie to him. I didn't want him to know that I had rehearsed a thousand times how I would tell them the truth. I didn't want to say to him how I spilled my coffee this morning, or how I couldn't find my favorite necklace this morning.

Jinyoung would always read me so easily. Without a word, he always picked up my vibe. He always made me tell him the truth. No matter how many times I didn't want to tell him.

My arrival at our favorite private field was different. The air felt different, the energy felt different, and I felt different.

All of my emotions were in the pit of my stomach rumbling. I looked down at my sandals and back up at Jinyoung, who wouldn't take his eyes off of me.

I looked over to the right of Jinyoung to see Jaebeom wear a sweet smile that could make me forget why I am even here today.

"Nothing, I just want to relax today," I tried to force a smile for them.

"Well, come here," Jinyoung opened his arms to me. "I thought you had some bad news to tell us or something," Jinyoung expressed. Again he's reading me, and he's not wrong at all.

I ran over to him and fell into Jinyoung's arms. He held me for a moment, and our bodies swayed for a moment. I am going to miss his sweet hugs and warm embrace.

Jinyoung lifted my chin and kissed my lips. "You have been my favorite part of the summer," Jinyoung told me between kisses.

"Same here," I said.

I went over to Jaebeom, and he held my hand. He brought it up to his lips to kiss. "We wanted to give you something special today," Jaebeom reached into his pocket.

He wasn't going to pull out an engagement ring, was he? I instantly felt my chest quickly rise and fall. A cool breeze passed through the field and caused my dress to rise.

I giggled while I tried to pull my sundress down. "Jaebeom, you guys didn't have to give me anything," I said. I wasn't really a fan of receiving gifts. My favorite gift is spending time with them, and knowing that I have two people in the world who love me unconditionally.

Jaebeom pulled out a small dark blue box. Jinyoung moved behind me and placed his hand on my lower back. "For you, we don't mind," Jinyoung said.

I grabbed the box and opened it to see a rose quartz crystal necklace. I looked up at them and wondered how did they know that rose quartz was my favorite crystal.

"The stone of love," Jaebeom said.

"How did you know?" I asked.

"Yugyeom knows all about that. So, he helped us with it," Jinyoung grabbed the necklace. I lifted my coily fro and allowed Jinyoung to put the necklace on me.