Blur Sight

JENNIE

Lisa and I have been together for months now.
We watch movies, lunch out, sleep at each other's place from time to time. Flirt with each other. Do crazy stuff together. We travel, we kiss and we make love almost everyday and anytime we're in the mood.

But until now, she is not yet making a move to court me or ask me to be her girlfriend. I just hate the standards the society has created as when it comes to courtship. I mean, yeah, we don't even know who's going to make a move from us. Maybe I should be the one to take a step forward.
We never talked about it actually.
Come what may. Maybe I just have to go with the flow this time.

I'm at my office and having some deep thoughts about us.
Rosé came in and handed me some papers to sign.

"Are you okay?"
She noticed my frowning face.

"Is this about Lisa again?"
She asked.

I nodded.

"I think she's never going to ask me."
I said. Sighed.

"Then ask her. Or you want me give her a little push?"
Rosé's worrying too.

"No. I think, I'll wait. Maybe she is not ready yet. But I really like her, Rosé. I really like her."
I said.

"Are you available tonight? V and Tzuyu asked me to have barbecue dinner with them. Lisa's coming."
She said.

"Yes. She told me this morning and asked me too. I'll follow. Still have a lot of work to finish. My new book is coming out. Plus we have twenty-six authors in line for their books to be published."
I said. God. Work is stressing me too. Projects here and there. I'm too exhausted maybe.

"Jennie, it's okay if you want to cry. Just cry. But better ask her ok? You two should talk about it. And about work, let us know if you need a hand."
She said and I nodded.

"Is Lisa liking someone? I am really wondering why she's not yet in love with me. Is she and Tzuyu have something?"
I asked.

"What the hell? Tzuyu has been in a relationship with V for almost three years now, Jennie. Lisa is just close to the two like siblings."
She said and somehow I got my peace.

Lisa suddenly came inside my office and Rosé went out like nothing happened.

"Hi, there!"
I greeted her and smiled.

"Hey. Come later please?"
She said.

I stood up and hugged her.

She hugged me tighter.

"Is there something wrong? Are you sick? Want to eat something?"
I asked.

"No. I just had a bad dream this morning. I dreamt of you fading away from my memory. I don't want it to happen."
She said sadly and hugged me even more tighter.

"Oh. Poor Lisa. It's not going to happen, honey."
I said and kissed her tenderly.

She kissed me more. Soft but wet. Sweet.

"I am going to tell you something."
She said.

"Go on."
I asked while rubbing her chest and brushing her nape.

"Jennie, I'm almost done with the book I want to publish. It's really my dream to have one. And this is something special. I have saved up a little. All I need is just your company's name on it."
She said and I smiled.