"Queen Willow asked for me to give you this." Xenon was sitting opposite us and put a sealed envelope on the table between us.

"Really. Willow never changes. How can she order the king of another country to be her delivery man when Deliora was farther to Solaris compared to Relandey," I commented and accepted the invitation.

"A pregnant woman can never be defied as King Yves told."

"Ah, yes, indeed. There is nothing that scares me other than a pregnant woman. Particularly one who is reckless and overwork themselves," Freed inserted, his reprimanding gaze on me.

"Willow is near her due while I'm only a few months pregnant. A little all-nighter will not harm me," I reasoned out before looking at Xenon. "I heard pregnant women sometimes develop a fascination with people aside from their cravings. Willow must have pestered you because of that. I apologize in her stead."

I did it simply because it was not only me who he had personally sent the letter to. Lian also mentioned that Xenon delivered an invitation himself. I was astounded and I did not expect to witness it myself.

"It is fine, Princess. I am glad she made it as I had an opportunity to travel these days."

"You must have been busy."

"Yes. There are endless duties of a king. If someone did not skirt away from their responsibilities, it would've been better."

"What are you looking at? You're the eldest. Deliora followed hierarchy and our parents were an exception. We need to correct the tradition," Freed responded shamelessly.

How can this guy be much brazen over the years? I thought as I stomped his foot in annoyance.

"That hurt!" he groaned and bent over to see his foot.

"Forget about him, Xenon. This brute enjoys infuriating people. Why don't you stay for dinner?"

"I'm afraid I have to refuse, Princess," he said politely with a small smile.

"Alright, then I won't trouble you further. We'll send you off."

"Thank you, Princess." He offered a bow and we bid our farewells.

***

It had been two days after Xenon's visit and today was Willow's birthday. The hall of Relandey was filled with nobles and royals enjoying the extravagances of their titles.

"Willow, you shouldn't have asked King Xenon to deliver an invitation. He's clearly busy," Norinne chastised Willow who arrived in our circle after greeting her guests.

"Xenon is actually a pushover and that's the cute side of him so don't mind it, Norinne."

"Your husband apparently mind. I heard from Lander that heard from King June that King Yves complained to him on how you prefer another man," Charlotte seconded.

"That's not true! I wasted all my youth on him and he dared doubt my feelings when he was the one who was permanently acting like an old pedant. I wouldn't be pregnant if I didn't make the first move!"

"Urgh, that's too much information, Willow," said Priscilla and fanned her face with mock disgust.

A small chuckle left my mouth from their tirade. Who would have thought that Selection years ago was able to form such an unexpected friendship?

"But Willow, you know Yves only has a single expression. He's also a clumsy one that has a hard time showing his feelings," I tried to defend my brother.