Chapter 57: Surprise Project Part II

Gretch's POV

I'm gonna take my time,

Make sure that the feeling's right

What?! Am I hearing this right?! How?

"Dude" I said as I poke A beside me "Tell me I ain't hallucinating"

A: You're not, dude. So do I and everyone around us.

Instead of staying up all night

Wondering where you are

Shit! Vic and Kim must see this! So I took out my phone and started taking a video. She went out from the back stage strumming her guitar. The last time I saw her perform in a crowd was back in the states during her sophomore year in hs. After burning out herself with that performance, we rushed her to the hospital, and found out about her heart's condition. That's also the reason why she stopped from playing basketball and even doing strenuous activities. Her heart is weak and might fail any moment. Her doctor even restricted her from stressing herself too much.

"They must see this" I whispered to her, she just nodded without even looking at me.

Miles and miles away,

In a town in another state.

I wanna know if you just can't take

The thought of us apart.

Audrey's POV

She's so great. Until now, I still can't believe what I'm seeing.

Flashback..

"Ly, have you found a new performer?"

Aly: Don't worry about that.

Mike: Yeah, guess who'll perform! *he said with excitement

"Who?"

Mike: Siya!

"What?! For real?!"

Aly: Well, we have no choice.

Mike: Wala na rin kaming mahanap na iba.

Aly: We'll push through your performance. We'll do it together.

End of Flashback..

And I need to know your past

Something that'll take you back

'Coz I wanna live like that one day

When I found out that she'll be our new performer, di talaga ako makapaniwala because I never heard her sing before kahit mag hum. Kaya I didn't expect that she'll perform. She just told us to trust her, and with that, mas lalo ko siyang nagustuhan. She's so versatile, like kaya niyang gawin lahat. And Yes, I like her. Since the first time I saw her with that Libero. Ugh, that Lazaro! Why are they that close and sweet to each other?! From what I heard, close talaga sila but they're not yet together as couple, kasi di naman sila nagcoconfirm. Everyone knows about Aly's preferene. Kaya I still have a chance to be with her. Huh! Di ako magpapatalo sa Libero na yun no!

Just wait and see Dennise! Just wait until you see us there, together on that stage.

I'm gonna fall inlove

Someday, somewhere you'll show up

I'm gonna get that old feeling

I'm gonna get that old high

Den's POV

I gotta get that old feeling

If I'm gonna fall in love..

All through out her performance, she's just looking straight into my eyes, not breaking our contact even for a single moment.

She told me before about her condition, kaya kinakabahan ako baka masyado siyang mapagod. Good thing hindi gaanong nakakapagod yung ginawa niya.

I snapped back to reality when she talked, lahat naman ng girls naghiyawan and even some of the boys. She's that charming to make people admire her so much.

"Uhm, hehe. Thank you po. I'm sorry if some of you were kinda disappointed with what you just saw."

We love you Aly!!! Some of the girls from the cheering squad and other sports shouted.

"Hehe, thank you. Uhm I also wanted to thank everyone behind this event. Again, this is all for you guys! I hope your ears don't hurt yet cause I'm not yet done here" and again, most of the girls shouted, eish! She's mine!

"1, 2, 3, 4" then she started plucking the strings of her guitar

Insert "If Only They Knew" Lyrics

After her song, I saw how she placed her hand on her chest. Shit! She's pushing herself too much. Pinalo ko naman agad yung hita ni Gretta and I saw how worried she was and also A.

Lumapit agad kami sa stage, and called her. Nagexcuse naman siya sa lahat and called Audrey to take charge. Tapos bumaba na siya at lumapit samin.

A: Hey dude, are you okay?

Gretch: I know you're tired. Is that your last song?

Aly: I still have one more.

Gretch: But--

Aly: No ate, I still can do it

A: But we saw how you held on your chest back there. Alam kong nahihirapan ka na. Don't force yourself, dude.

Aly: Don't worry. I know my limit. I can do this.

Gretch: Hey *then she tapped Aly's shoulder* Stop now. Di ba pwedeng wag nalang?

Aly: Ate, I can. Just one more.

A: Dude--

"Let her. Just make sure nothing bad will happen. I can't afford to see you in a bad condition. Promise me, babe" she just smile and held my hand

Aly: I promise babe. I love you.

"I love you too. Go ahead, finish that song and we'll go home."

She just kissed me in the forehead and headed back to the stage. This time, she won't be using her guitar. She's sweating too much and removed her sweat shirt. Oh shit! She looks so hot with her white v-neck and fitted jeans and her usual vans shoes. Simple yet so cool.

Now the girls were getting wilder and wilder. Kainis talaga!

Then the band started playing.

Audrey's POV

I saw how Aly kissed her but now's my time! Watch out Lazaro. Huh!

---------

Ugh! Super init!! How's your vacation going guys? By next week ipapatapon ako ng parents ko sa Bulacan to be with my grandparents. Eish! Hahahaha

Ang lame na ba ng story? Delete ko na? Hihi

Comment po for suggestions. Thanks!