⋆sixty

reunion the act or an instance of bringing people together again

Sora

All eyes were on Taehyung. He leaned ahead, squinting, batting his eyelashes to make sure his eyes weren't deceiving him. The sight was unbelievable—at least to him. I could tell by the way he was acting, the stiff awkwardness around him, and the quiet as all of us observed his peculiar reaction. It never occurred to me that Taehyung didn't know yet, so the normality of his reaction only hit me after the laughter that spat from my mouth faster than Taehyung could say a word, faster than any of us could. The hilarity was so loud that most in the large coffee shop turned to look at us at least once, but we couldn't hold it back. Even Taehyung laughed, only his laughter was a mechanism to rid of his angst while the rest of us were being annoying.

Once the laughter died down, Taehyung coughed a little, clearing the air. "Ehm...hello". He outed shyly, something which made a smile appear on my face.

"Hello Taehyung" The one boy spoke, moving forward to attempt hugging the silver-haired, still awfully bewildered boy.

It was truly the epitome of a what-the-fuck moment as he wrapped his arms around the shorter boy in a warm embrace, feeling as if his existence was being questioned and patting his back to make sure he wasn't seeing things. All emotions I could pick up by his expression. Taehyung had a rather expressive face, as said. He couldn't hide anything, ever. Because besides that, he was also a terrible liar, unlike Jungkook, who could lie through his teeth and no one could tell a thing, but at this point, I could read him too.

Jimin moved forward, copying Yoongi's movement who obviously acted as a safeguard to him. At the bar where I first met them, at the talk I had with Jimin after my impulsive drink out where I considered letting Jungkook go, I could tell Jimin trusted him a lot, though I wasn't aware of a big part of their story. They were both quite a mystery to me. From what I knew of them, they were very much different and I liked them both for equally different reasons though I had a hunch Yoongi wasn't the biggest fan of mine.

Until I zapped out of my musings, recalling events of the past as if years flashed before me, feeling a weird sense of impure nostalgia, tainted sentimentality. It wasn't that I wanted to live through it again, hell no, but If I had to choose between doing it again or not at all I'd choose the first. It was an experience unlike any other and it had taught me the most. It had only made me stronger yet made me love deeper as well. It had been a whirlwind of emotions, of experiences that were one of a kind and one would not normally live, and I was, looking back, lucky to have lived through it. I shot a glance at Jungkook who was chatting away with the boys and without exactly knowing why I placed my palm over his. He turned to me immediately with his wide, starry eyes, pausing mid-sentence as he questioned my movement. He had unbelievable tenderness. Godly beauty. He was mine. After all that, he was mine. All of that was worth this very thing. This very love. This very bond we had. If I had to pick any other, I'd rather be alone. Because Jungkook was the one, the only one, and I loved him with all my being.. He gave me a small smile, face brightening, eyes wrinkling at the corners as his fingers knotted with my own.