⋆forty seven

statement a definite or clear expression of something in speech or writing.

Jungkook

"It's you" I came to the realisation.Α question hung off the edge of her rozy lips but I felt a low vibration in my pocket. Amidst the quiet I slowly reached my hand into it and pulled my phone out, not checking the caller ID before pressing it onto my ear. A deep voice with a fast speech was heard from the other end of the line. So fast I couldn't make out what he was saying. "Namjoon, slow down". I proceeded to stand. I then became aware of my wound, wincing and sitting still onto my seat infront of Seokjin's desk. Seokjin who had an expression of pure confusion painted onto his features. 

"What is it?" He mouthed. I ignored him, focusing on Namjoon as he rushed to speak.

"We just took a statement from Suho. The information he gave me, it changes everything. We've been looking in the wrong direction" He breathed heavily. "I'll be there as soon as I can. Which room are you in?".

"422" I replied. Then there was a beeping sound. 

It was more than curiosity, less than dissappointment. I set my gaze onto the empty wall, thinking of the endless possibilities of what could have been disclosed to the young investigator by the deliquent that had stabbed me. I remembered his face. Filthy, worn. He was the impersonation of a killer. What one would think a bad guy would look like. I shivered as I pictured his face. 

I froze. 

My brother and I, the black vehicle, the laughter that echoed inside. Jeongin turned to look at me, smile on his face, hands glued on the steering wheel. "How was your day?" His honey laced voice was hard to remember exactly, but it sounded like I was there. 

Then my eyes switched onto the road as the loud sounds of the roaring engines made me borderline deaf. Motorcycles. Large, heavy. They raced past us, and before I could call his name I ducked down, and the bullet came flying through the open window. With a heavy breath, Jeongin landed the car at the edge of the road, his head collapsing onto the window as he held the wound that bled a sea of red.

I lifted my head, coming face to face with my older brother. His breath was short, body trembling. He ruffled my dark hair weakly, eyelids heavy as he struggled to keep them open. I hadn't quite comprehended what was happening. It was fast, cruel. I was in pain by the looks of it, but I couldn't fathom the moment I realised when my brother would soon be gone. 

"Jeongin, hold on". I spoke amidst the shock. 

He chuckled lightly, blood lining his lips. "I love you. I love you so so much" He stared at me in the eyes, never looking away. "You're going to be just fine. I'm so proud of you".

I shook my head desperately. "No,no".

"Kook" He spoke, voice barely whisper. "Be strong, be a good person, okay?".