Chapter 24 - A Bad Day

Waking up to the smell of a homemade cooked breakfast and coffee is the dream of every teenage girl. Rubbing my eyes, I pushed myself out of bed and ran a hand through my messy blond hair. Walking out of my room and into the kitchen, my eyes widened when I saw Iwaizumi wearing his school uniform cooking breakfast. He seemed to notice me and he grinned. "Good morning sleepyhead, I made breakfast."

I blinked, slowly processing the scene in front of me. I was not a morning person. "...Good morning Hajime-senpai." I then glanced at the food on the table. "Thank you for the food..."

I sat down at the table, cautiously looking at the food. It smelled amazing and looked appealing enough to not taste like trash. It is edible! I thought to myself when I took a bite of it. These pancakes taste amazing! "Senpai, these are good! I never took you for the type to cook."

Iwaizumi laughed in the kitchen. "Yeah, not many people know I can cook food. I'm glad you like it." He walked out, setting two more plates at the table. "I'll wake Shittykawa up or else we will be late."

I nodded, trying to finish my breakfast so I could get dressed. As I was eating I heard a thud and a scream combined with a grunt coming from the guest room, then a shout. I froze. It was silent for a moment before I heard the door thrown open and two footsteps running. Oikawa came running in, Iwaizumi chasing after him. Oikawa looked disheveled, his fluffy brown hair was a bird's nest and his clothes were disarranged.

"Morning," I said and the two stopped running around my living room.

Oikawa smiled brightly. "Good morning (Y/N)-chan! I hoped you slept well!"

I nodded, smiling back at him. I was waking up and becoming less sluggish as I drank my coffee. "I did. How about you two?"

"It was nice! I slept like a baby," he replied, sitting down next to me after he ruffled my hair.

"Both of you better hurry up and change or else we are going to be late," Iwaizumi chidded us like a mother would do.

"Yes Iwa-chan/Hajime-senpai," we said at the same time and continued to eat our breakfast.

After we finished eating and got dressed, we walked out of my apartment. "See you later, Tooru-senpai, Hajime-senpai!" I shouted, waving my hand in the air with a smile as the two of them walked off in the other direction.

"See ya later (Y/N)," Iwaizumi yelled, nodding his head. "Good luck on your test."

"Bye bye (Y/N)-chan!" Oikawa shouted back, smiling. "Just remembered what we practiced and you will do fine!"

"Senpais..." I rubbed the lone tear at my eye with my finger. "I will do my best and pass for you! I promise!"

The two chuckled and waved goodbye to me before turning away and walking down the street. I turned my back on them, walking down the street with a determined mindset. I was going to pass that test, I just needed to get an eighty or higher and I would be okay to keep my average in the eighties. If I get anything lower than my average is going to drop... badly, I thought to myself and shivered. Slapping my cheeks with my hands, I grunted. I was going to pass this with flying colors!

"Wahhh! (Y/N) you look dead!" Hinata shouted as I sadly groaned, a gloomy aura surrounding me. Hinata's words had pierced me with another imaginary arrow and I slumped even more into the wooden floor, wishing I could just die.

"Ahh... I'm a failure... I deserve to die a punishable death..."

"(Y-Y/N) please stop saying that!" Yamaguchi squeaked out while Tsukishima sighed, starting to pity the blond haired girl.