9. DON'T KNOW WHOM TO TRUST

As soon as I opened my eyes, I checked whether Abir replied anything to my text which I sent him last night. I just asked him to pick me a black bead chain and I was eager to know whether he was okay with getting me a gold chain filled with black beads. While I searched for his text, I noticed a text from an unknown number and was frightened. Only my family knew about my personal number and I was a bit curious to know who texted me what.

'I know you are marrying Abir only for his wealth. I personally also feel he's forcing you in this marriage. Reply me if I'm right? I'm pretty sure he's forcing you, Mishti.'

Now, who's this person? I threw a who are you and switched the sim to access the mobile data. I switched on my tablet to prepare a to-do list and tossed my tablet lazily on the bed to slip a little more.

I nowadays don't like to go to the office. Already I spoke to hardly a few people and now they are also keeping a distance from me. Since my secret relationship with Abir became public, some of my co-workers had changed a lot towards me. Talk would sometimes stop when I entered the canteen. Smiles were occasionally too false. They looked at me like a boss and some people used abusive words behind me. I'd hear people whispering nearby, but they'd shut up if I turned to look at them.

Not to forget Ketki was on cloud nine and still annoyed me by calling Abir a psychopath. Hayden had dissected each of Abir's expressions, swearing he was "crazy" about me. I'd just smiled and hoped it was true. Adalyn as usual enjoyed teasing me and even last night she came to my house after fighting with Hayden. This time their fight was a little sensible. She was angry with her husband for not taking her for a movie. While I clearly know my soon-to-be fake husband would ask me to define 'Movie' I really can't expect anything big from him. I can't even expect Abir to take me to a theater and work with his laptop there or atleast watch a movie with me at home still clinging on to his laptop.

My phone was wrong and I woke up again, it was a call from my boss and I had no option of rejecting it.

"Morning" I greeted him.

"Do you want a black bead chain?" He asked surprised, I know for the first time I'm demanding something from him and I actually thought of paying for that but I felt like that will make him feel bad.

"Yes." I lazily dragged hugging my Rabbit soft toy.

"Shall I book whatever I like or would you like to pick it for you?"

"Completely your choice," because I loved everything he chose for me.

"Okay. I hope you have arranged for me to meet your parents tomorrow," with that he ended the call.

Actually my mummy said she'll arrange for a small party tomorrow and I should invite Abir for that. Now, I'm just confused on whether he'll like to come for a party at my house.

With a half heart, I got up from my bed and took a nice warm bath. I dressed myself in a black skirt and white puff shoulder top. I took my jacket with me in case I found it really cold inside Abir's cabin. Yesterday, he didn't allow me to move to my desk and locked me inside his cabin. The air con in his room was another headache for me. Abir knew I was shivering but didn't raise the temperature and kept it in sixteen degree to torture me in his unique style for not completing my work on time. Is he crap to think I'll be able handover everything to him while I'm sitting adjacent to him? I was only able to drool over him.

Once I reached the office again I heard people gossiping about my relationship with Abir. If I step a little low to those people's level, I can actually go crying to Abir and ensure they are fired but I wouldn't do that as I'm Mishti, I'll deal with them in a different way.

"Ummm ummm" I cleared my throat and they immediately stopped calling me a gold digger.

"Next time I see you bad mouthing about me, I don't mind separating your tongue from your fucking mouth." No one actually messed up with me and those annoying people zipped their mouths tight.