13. BACK TO PARIS

Mommy Daddy... My dead grandma... My rude granddad... Please help me. I don't want to return back to Paris. I'm not going to that office and I can't hear Ketki tell I married a psychopath.

Oh my dear lord! Don't you have mercy on me. God! I have asked you plenty of things but you didn't give me that but why did you fulfil my lamest prayer? I made a big mistake by praying I need a man similar to Abir. I asked someone like Abir and not Abir himself.

I rolled my eyes. Yup! It is fake... It is fake. I'm his fakeful wife, that's it and that only for twelve months. So, I need not fear this much and I need not be this nervous.

But still... Going to the office frightened me. How will my own colleague look at me? Already they started distancing from me after Abir had officially announced me as his girlfriend and now after this marriage, won't I be able to talk with anyone? Other than Ketki and Abir.

Okay! Now why are you thinking this much like the whole office was speaking to you? Mishti, you hardly speak to anyone there and you only get to speak to someone in the office during the success parties or business events. Don't over react and pack your bags to Paris. Yeah! You should do it.

Abir snapped his fingers closer to my eyes and brought me out from my own thoughts. "Ahhh" I opened and closed my mouth.

"Fasten your seatbelt and put your phone in aeroplane mode." He instructed.

"I'll"

I didn't feel like having a conversation with Abir, I was feeling moody and I don't even know why? After the call with Nishant, I felt like he was right when he said my fakeful marriage won't last long. 'You'll get financial stability from him, but not emotional stability, because he's never going to make you feel loved. Ever.' I really didn't like that it had hurt to be reminded that Abir didn't truly care for me. Enough I'm so done with these things.

Each time he touched me, whispered in my ear, or played his fingers through my loose hair, I came that much closer to melting into him. My body practically throbbed with need. The air around me felt electrically charged, but it was more than obvious that he wasn't similarly affected. If I hadn't had more than four years-worth of practice at standing strong against the one-sided love, love? Nah crush. I'd be close to trembling with the power of it. Sometimes, it almost felt like the sensual hunger had settled so deep into every cell of my body that I would never escape it.

"I wish I hadn't accepted to do this favour" I thought I had said it in my mind but he heard it and dropped his phone in the corner inside the holder.

He caged me in between my seat and him. His eyes turned red and I licked my lips to control my nervousness. If he continues to look at me this intense then I'm... For sure... Not going to anything other than stare at him back.

"What?" He asked in his rocky hard voice. "Nothing" I replied, placing my hand on his chest to maintain a little distance between us. "I heard it" then why ask to repeat myself? Poor insane girl who would have blabbered something.

"I should have said no to all this."

"It wouldn't have mattered if you had. I told you once before, I would have-" I interrupted, "Yes, I got it."

"Put aside your regrets and concentrate on what you need to do."

I blinked my eyes, I again didn't like his upset face and said, "Smile. Say cheese. Why behave like the world end if you smile?" His hold on me loosened.

No reply, he got back to his work. He should have asked his phone to be his wife or the laptop at least. Why me? They both deserve to be his wife. They do and not me. Well, what if he has someone interesting to text him? Will he be texting with some of his clients' daughters or some pretty business woman? Who knows... Buy the vows should be followed if he didn't then I'm free.