30. FINE TO BE EMOTIONALLY CONNECTED

Mishti's point of view

The room was completely dark. I wasn't able to even open my eyelids. I had to wake at least today before my alarm rosters. I stretched my hand to check on Abir's body temperature.

When I opened my eyes, I found myself lying on the center of the bed with two pillows beside me on either side. Haan!

Someone definitely mistook me to be a toddler. I really don't have the habit of falling from the bed while sleeping. I sleep properly.

I quickly took a warm bath and then unpacked my bag. I really didn't know why I took the doll he gave to me after winning the game while we played a few weeks back. I really wanted another peaceful day in the zoo or theme park.

I walked down the stairs thinking Abir must be in his room taking risks. He was sick and I really didn't know what to do. As I always say I don't make a good nurse. I'm too bad when it comes to taking care of the sick.

Feeling somewhat fresh, I stood in the doorway of the and just stared at my fake husband. Not once in the entire time I'd lived here had I come downstairs to find him cooking breakfast for us. The aroma was delicious and his cologne scent did dominate. Not that I'm complaining but this was something new for me.

Wait! Then was he acting to be sick last night or he's too lucky that fever hates him. I still needed to make sure he wasn't sick and took a small lazily step forward.

Now, is he going to bribe me again? I have no clue why I always considered his cute gestures as a bribe. But, yeah, it always made me a little suspicious.

As if sensing me, Abir glanced over his shoulder. "Cheerful Morning, Sweetheart"

"Morning." I breathed in the most yummy tempting fragrance.

He tipped his chin at the kitchen counter "Sit," he invited.

I looped my hands around his waist and stood behind him. I buried my face in the crock of his neck and made sure he wasn't shivering or feeling ill. He actually looked fine and as well as didn't have a high body temperature. Absolutely fine.

"What are you doing?" He asked, bringing me back to senses.

"Checking on you." A straight answer. I'm innocent enough that I didn't realise it could be mistook.

"What a beautiful morning?" Ryan howled.

I knew I should free him or at least take a step back but I was doing the reverse and clinged to him. I shut my eyes tight and pretended like no one was behind me. Yet I heard two people's giggling noise while one could just be my imagination too.

"Are you both okay if I leave?"

I don't know what he wants. I was in my own world that I didn't need anyone around me to tease me or bother me. I was happy there and I didn't want anyone to bring me back for heaven's sake.

"Why are you still here? Ryan" I mumbled, sounding close to tears of joy that I mocked at him.

"Sweetheart..." He dragged, smiling as he leaned over and pressed a loud kiss against my lips just to piss me off. Okay! Not exactly.

I waited till he broke the kiss and tried hard to not respond but in the end I lost. The impact of losing the battle was too strong and I sat on the kitchen counter with my eyes on the dishes being cooked by him.

"Will it be yummy like how it smells?"

"I don't know, Sweetheart but I know however it is you will be eating."

Argh! I didn't expect that wink. I inhaled the fresh chocolate syrup and I loved to taste it hot.

Hot! It was extremely hot to look at him cook with a stern face. I didn't know how to shut my mouth and keep my hands in place.