33. FALLING HARD FOR EACH OTHER

MISHTI'S POINT OF VIEW:- 

Sleep was too far because he wasn't beside me. I tried all my best ways to catch a best nap and not be late for work tomorrow.

It's really awkward to wait till that annoying specimen comes and drops his head in the bed beside me. I should end being dependent on him to sleep. Can't I just control my own body and sleep.

I rolled and rolled. Only got frustrated in the end and walked on the heavy light brown wooden floors to reach the living room.

Abir was so damn comfortable with his laptop. His focus was on the laptop like he had given himself to the electronic device. Just in case the laptop was a human, I would've not been with him now and I wouldn't be worrying that he should pass his life alone.

"If you keep standing and staring at me without speaking a word. What shall I think?" He asked, not lifting his eyes from the laptop.

"Isn't it too late and I think you should go to bed." I said, controlling my yawn.

He didn't reply and walked to make a call to someone. That's bad. I walked behind him to find out to whom he was talking.

I wasn't able to catch the whole conversation but I knew there was something wrong in the construction of the factory and it didn't meet up to his expectations.

"See I did trust you and then only handed over this work to you. Just didn't expect you to carelessly renovate a fifty years old building to a factory." He was boiling.

I can rather go and play with volcano instead of trying to control Abir's anger.

"You need to justify it to me. Take the blame on you for this shit. You'll also be bearing the expenses with me fifty-fifty."

Taking a long breath, I heard my phone ring and went to attend the call. Throughout the way to the room, I was just thinking about how to help him out.

Before I could attend the call from mom, it ended. I hope Anaisha didn't do any crap after looking at three missed calls from her. I called her again and then got to hear only the programmed voice. Getting little tensed, I called Dad and mom picked it up after a few rings, "Hello"

"Mom..." I inhaled, "You called me?"

She didn't speak quickly and that strongly made me believe something is wrong, "How are you?" I didn't speak because suddenly I was missing her, "Hope you are enjoying your stay there"

It pierced me think that maybe my foster mom is so worried that I'll take a moment to meet my biological dad. "Mom, I'm not so interested to meet my dad. I didn't even go that side but when I went to a club with Abir today, I found a man's wife who had most of the features like him. Guess I have a step-sister." I said, remembering about the woman who first questioned me on imagining Abir to be my husband the very first day I worked for him. Not only that, while we both were dancing she looked at me with so much emotion and like she sensed a relation between us. "Tell me mom. What's wrong?" I just wanted to know whether she thought me dumb enough to meet my dad who just left me for the lady who had been suddenly so beautiful to him.

"Nothing, girl. Enjoy your stay."

"Mom, you are the worst liar ever. Tell me what's wrong." I demanded, being exhausted. I think I might soon die out of stress.

She sighed. "I can't talk about it right now," she said, lowering her voice. So, what, she didn't want dad to overhear? Or was it that she had visitors? "I promise you that everyone is fine," she added. "But, well, there's something you should know. I'll tell you later, okay? Take care, Mish" Then she hung up. Mom, even you give me stress these days.