23. MISSING EACH OTHER

Just like that a week passed. Surprisingly, I didn't have much work to do and I took some time in between my daily schedule to train Rachelle.

She showed lots of interest in the works I gave her. In short, using the name of training her, I threw some of my boring works like attending calls and scheduling meetings to Rachelle. She also happily did it with plenty of enthusiasm.

Past few days I didn't like the activity of Abir. He was coming with me to the office but keeping a distance between us in the office. He came late in the night after I slept and left from my room before I could wake up.

Are we playing hide and seek? I don't know what to question him because any question I ask him would only cause trouble for me.

"For some reason, I was feeling a little off today. But when you came along, you definitely turned me-" I interrupted Ryan, "Off" I knew it was on.

"Why are you keeping your face like that?" He questioned, making me see my face on the screen after reducing the brightness.

I didn't know, "Like what?"

"Like someone stole your bun from you." I remained silent, "bun or hun"

"Don't make fun. I'm not feeling tired." I gently massaged my temples.

"Ryan, you are called for the meeting with Shareholders." Something which made me feel better.

"I'll get back to you soon." With that he left. If Ryan is not found in his department, he'd be at my desk and enjoying sitting on my nerves.

There came another headache for me, "I know." Leaning forward, she whispered, "I'm guessing you fucked Abir's brains out last night."

I tensed. "What?" I didn't even speak a word to him last night.

"Well I saw him walk into the building a few minutes ago. He's no longer glowering and scaring people."

Oh, right. "Sex is a good outlet for stress."

"Haan... So, so?"

I wasn't able to scold Ketki because it was her birthday and honestly I didn't have the heart to yell at the birthday baby.

Trust me I'm still a virgin and might make her petrified.

"So? It is so."

Move on from this topic.

"So, that's what it is?" She teasingly raised her eyebrows.

"Wow! That badge is nice," I didn't see it in the morning when I gifted her a pendant set.

"Oh! You didn't see in the morning?" She winked.

"No. Nice words." Pretending like I just the words 'It is my birthday and I'll curse you if you don't wish me'

She literally was behaving more worse than kids. Asking me what I would gift her and what surprise is Abir going to throw for her.

"I can't throw you out of my house just because you are my wife's friend and stay homeless." His reply made Ketki chuckle but I felt it bad thinking it would have hurt her and didn't laugh.

"Happy birthday, Darlin." One of my colleagues came to wish her.

"I'll see you later."

"Later" I got back to my computer.

It has been two days since I entered his cabin as he was hardly there. I don't know why but I felt like he's distancing from me to show my place as I emotionally got connected.

Somewhere it did pain me to think that he would be alone in his mansion. But I don't think that will make him feel sad as he would get the trust funds and what he wants.