43. BEGINNING FOR A SEVEN DAYS VACATION

ABIR'S POINT OF VIEW:-

I walked out of my room with red eyes. Why I didn't allow anyone in this room? My room is a mess. I'm disciplined in front of the whole world but inside my room, I'm really not and I don't want to spoil my reputation by allowing people inside my private space. By mess I mean the company's important files would be mixed with clothes and toilet articles.

I don't think any woman in the world would have to live in such an atmosphere and I took the utmost care to design her room but all she thinks is about me drawing the line between us by not allowing her inside my room.

And there when your Best Friend Forever asks, "Had a great sleep?" Sipping his coffee at that moment any human being could turn a killer.

"Heavenly sleep." He better understands my sarcastic tone.

"Ya with a wife like Mishti you would have."

Around three this morning I'd realized I'd fucked up this situation even more by not going to her. I spent the next three hours going over every single moment from the night before, trying to figure out exactly when I'd fucked up and made a list. I wrote a fresh apology letter along with a love letter. I also had these medical appointments to plan for our kids.

After I made sure he hadn't missed anything I folded the three papers, front and back, and stuffed it in his back pocket and went outside waiting for Mishti so I could start apologizing. I need to do it for this sham wedding idea. Most importantly for thinking to leave her when I go wrong protecting her and not having the courage to make myself believe it won't happen. My sweetheart is not a tough woman and I just needed my time to explain to her.

"If you have dreams of living don't ask me about my last night." That came out ruder than I myself expected.

But still he's my friend. "I think we should buy eggs."

"Huff!" This man is asking for death.

"You're out of eggs," Ryan yelled like that's something so important.

"I don't care," I said, never taking my eyes away from Mishti's room door.

He placed his hand on my shoulder, "Messed up last night?"

"Someone sent her a spoofed message through my phone. My money's on Nishant."

Ryan tiredly looked at me, "I think you should work on gaining her trust. Work on it." He paused and searched for eggs in another rack.

"Why is your life always so easy? Ryan." I massaged my temple and sat on the chair from where I can see Mishti's room.

"Easy? I'm searching for one egg and you say my life is easy. Let's go out and have breakfast." Ryan suggested, coming out of the kitchen. From where does he get ideas like these? "Are you going to just sit like this?" He asked.

"I'm dying to see her and end our argument."

"I'm also dying to get myself an egg. Let's go out and shop eggs and by the time we come back Mishti will be up. You can freely crawl with her and grovel on top of her. I really don't mind."

"As if you never went anywhere without me. Get lost, man."

"Holy Christ, Abir. It's never fine to speak to your best friend like that" Ryan mumbled, crossing himself.

I ignored Ryan and focused on Mishti's room door. A few minutes later it opened and Mishti stumbled out. I was on my feet within seconds and heading for her. I really wasn't sure how much longer I would have been able to wait before breaking into her room and begging for her forgiveness.