41. FAKEFUL SOUNDS SO FAITHFUL

MISHTI'S POINT OF VIEW:-

Two weeks before the reception, I was in my foster mom's house and that made me feel so happy. Alex, the neighbour next door came and sat on my lap while I was waiting for my friends to turn up. Adding Abir to the friend list.

"So, to which ma'am you gave rose?" I asked to play with him.

"None. There's one girl in my class, Mish." He spoke so cutely. I was going to have some fun.

"Okay," waits for him to proceed.

"She doesn't speak to anyone. She's so quiet and I feel something is bothering her." He was too serious.

"Did you try speaking to her?" Am I stepping up that girl for him? Mishti the matchmaker.

"Haan.... Haan.... I actually wrote her a letter and gave."

Do you really need to teach something for this generation? Absolutely nothing.

"What did you write in it?"

"If she doesn't want to talk orally, she can talk to me by writing it and I'm very fine with anything."

Alex, the smarty. I laughed out as he made an adorable facial expression.

"What did she say?" I hope his mom doesn't kill me if he stands to marry that girl.

"She wrote to me."

The kid blushed. Awe! I have always been a great fan of these childhood love stories. Okay! Mishti, control yourself.

"What did she write?" Before he could answer my mom screamed.

"Help me with baking the chicken."

Mom's never understand the seriousness of our conversation. I was least bothered to reply to her and waited for Alex to speak.

"She needs time to adapt to new environment and she is timid. But she's so cute."

Now this boy went all red again. I wish I could see Abir like this one day blushing and blushing.

I spoke for a few more minutes with Alex. Moments later, mom walked into the hallway and beamed at me. "Hi, sweetheart." Her brow creased. I only love Abir calling me 'Sweetheart' and I don't want anyone to call me that. "Abir isn't with you?"

No, did mommy just think I can hide him behind my back. Funny. "He's at a meeting, but it'll finish soon. Thomas is gone to pick him up. He'll bring Abir straight here." Thomas is the guy I sent to kidnap Abir.

Alex came rushing out of the living area with a playful cry and hugged my leg. He thought I would go to help my mom in the kitchen. "Did you bring your new Rabbit"

Smiling, I ruffled his hair. Fluffy doesn't leaves the house and she only wants Abir's smell all around her. "Can't bring her out. She's tiny and wants only my husband. My girl has attitude in spades." Just like me.

He pouted and released my leg. "I want to see her."

"I'll bring her to visit you one day. Promise."

He stared at me, "What does she mostly do? Her name is?"

"Fluffy" I replied. "She's all about Abir though."

Ryan came to the picture with a wide smile. He took blessings from my mom and won her.

Ryan started, "I noticed that when I visited you Monday evening. He doesn't seem to know what to do with all that puppy affection."

"He grumbles about her, but he likes her. I can tell." I'd worked from home the very first day she came home. I felt she wouldn't be alone in the house. But she was never completely alone anyway. The cleaning crew came daily, and the women fussed over her but Fluffy was so cute to trouble anyone who pissed her.