004

I opened the email and it was from "EF Education First". It's a website where you can learn about exchange programs and go study abroad for a year or just for few months. The email said:                          

Hey Anna, we're happy you chose us as exchange program and we hope you'll spend an amazing time abroad. Are you still willing to take part of this experience? If so, email us back and we'll give you all the details about it. Have a good day!

I was actually surprised about it because I didn't even remember I sent them an email to take part of this. It has to be like months ago. I simply read the email and I didn't replay, not yet, just cause I wasn't really caught up by that.

I went back to studying, but after few minutes I wasn't as focused as I was before: my mind wasn't thinking about the test, so I got up and went laying on the bed, so I started checking my phone: my dad texted me back saying it was a hard day and he was looking forward to come home; then also Chiara texted me asking me if we wanted to hang out a bit and I said yes cause, why not?

So I dressed up with a skinny black jeans, a grey sweater and my usual and favourite pair of vans, maybe the grey sweater wasn't the best choice cause it made me seem more pale than i already was because of my blonde hair, but it wasn't really a big deal, i only had to meet my best friend, not the love of my life. Sorry Chiara.

I went downstairs and told my mom I was about to meet Chiara, she didn't say anything but "Don't be home late". I rolled my eyes, took my bag and went out. I walked for few minutes and then I was arrived to Chiara's house, of course she's not the type of person who isn't late, so I had to wait for her for couple minutes.

Meanwhile I texted her and she said she was gonna be ready in few mins and if I wanted I could have waited for her inside, but I chose to stay outside: it was a beautiful day, it wasn't really cold and it was almost sunset, it's january so the sun sets early, around 5 pm.

Finally Chiara showed up and as usual she was sorry for being late, but after more than 5 years I got used to it; we started walking and we arrived to our favourite place in our city: this cafe was crowded 24/7 and everyday of the year, many teens went there to enjoy the day or the night with friends, but there were also adult people, so it was a really chill place.

Me and Chiara found a place to sit to and after few mins a guy came to us to take our order and  we both went for hot chocolate, the guy smiled at us and said that our order would have been there in few mins.

"You know, I've been thinking about the Daniele situation and I think you should at least text him back and now what he's up to" Chiara broke the silence, in a terrible way i'd say.

"Chiara you can't be serious, i mean.." I exhaled and then continued: "after everything, he really did betray me, you know what happened.."

While I was saying this I felt something on my chest, like a deep and dark feeling, felt like almost crashing down.. I was really over this thing, but it still hurt, though it had been months.

Daniele and I started dating during the beginning of my third year of high school and he was attending the fourth year. We met because of my brother: he was attending his soccer practice and I had to wait for him so that our mom could pick up and he showed up with Daniele, we started talking, hanging out and then dating. He was my very first boyfriend.

"I know Anna, but I also know that you loved him so much and it's impossible you don't have any more feelings for him, just know what he's up to" Chiara brought me into reality.

"No Chiara, I don't even know why you're saying this, you should support me and plus.." I stopped as I remembered the email I got before.

"Hey you know I'm always there for you.. What's going on?" Chiara said getting closer to me and looking at me straight in the eyes.

"Uh it's not even that important but, before meeting you I got an email from EF asking me if I wanna take part of a program abroad, and I have few days to decide.." I told her all in one breath hoping that she would have helped me.

"Oh I didn't remember you applied for this.." She said sounding kind of questioning and I wasn't really expecting that: i mean yeah i didn't remember either, but it's not a bad thing you know.

then Chiara must have noticed my expression so she continued: "but hey! it's a good thing, i wasn't expecting that but i'll be here whatever your choice is"

that's when i felt relieved and i hugged her. Chiara is the only person who's been there for me since ever, even when we don't text or see each other everyday, we're always there for one another and i think that's the most important thing in a friendship or a relationship in general.

"thank you Chiara, i really appreciate your support, i love you." she smiled at me and few seconds later that guy came giving us our hot chocolate and we enjoyed it as the good old times.

NOTES: 

hey guys! i'd really appreciate if you'd tell me what you think ab this story! btw sorry for not posting that much but i've been busy. let me know if you'd like more frequent updates!