043

"you there?" vinnie snapped his fingers in front of my face.

i nodded without saying anything and i deeply breathed. it wasn't even a big deal, but just the thought of daniele made me feel bad.

i loved him, but we weren't exactly in the best situation. mostly because of him.

"it was my boyfriend." i said and the second later i realised  it was even easier than i thought.

"your boyfriend, huh?" vinnie chuckled. "and you're willing to stay 6 months without seeing him?"

"yeah? i love him, but i'm free to make my own decisions and he was fine with me coming here, so i don't see any problem."

"i didn't mean this, but as long as you're both fine with it." vinnie shrugged. "tell me something more about it."

no way i was telling him everything. gosh why the heck i didn't mind my business?

"he's one of my brother's friends, we used to see each other a lot because he would always come to my place. we realised we liked each other and that's it."

that was a pretty shitty description, but i couldn't care less. now i just wanted to finish the presentation and lay on the bed for the rest of the day.

"what a cliché." he chuckled. "but seriously, i heard you guys talking a couple of times, and you didn't seem much happy."

"so you like spying people and hearing their private conversations?" i said crossing my arms. i wasn't even mad, but i just wanted to change topic.

"not at all, i was just looking for you and it happened that i heard you guys talking." vinnie said passing one hand through his hair. "but don't worry, i didn't understand a thing."

right. that was a relieve.

"still, i saw your face and the way you were talking.." he came closer to me. "what happened? if you need someone to talk to.."

without even realising, i felt one little tear going down on my face. shit, that always happened whenever i would get nervous.

"i didn't mean to, anna, truly." vinnie said wiping away the tears with his finger.

"i know, it's me. it always happens when i get nervous about something." i said deeply breathing to calm down.

"but you're right, our relationship isn't going really well right now and all because of a stupid girl." i heard my voice breaking and the second later vinnie hugged me caressing my head.

in that moment i felt so protected and it was the best feeling in the world. that was all i needed and fortunately vinnie was here.

we sat on the couch to stay more comfortable and i started telling him all the story of me and daniele, the beginning of our relationship, when i found out about giulia, until now that they're apparently friends.

"not to be rude or something, but this daniele guy seems a jerk." vinnie said after hearing the whole thing.

really vinnie? you acted the exact same way.

"yeah that's what my best friend chiara kinda told me, i think you guys would get along." i said slightly smiling as chiara's face came up in my mind. i missed her.

"is she hot? i mean, yeah you know." vinnie said making weird 'flirty' faces.

"she is, but you're not enough for her." i said. "but, just know that she thought you were cute."

"i mean, who wouldn't? have you looked at me?" he said biting his bottom lip and slightly closing his eyes

"okay i'll stop here, i don't want you to be hyped over this." i said as i was getting more comfortable on the couch. "i told you everything about my relationship, now it's your turn."

"nah that's a long story." vinnie said slightly turning around so he wouldn't look at me. "and i already told you most of the things about me and emily."

"fine, whatever." i crossed my arms pretending i was mad at him.

whenever i wanted someone to tell me something, i would always act like i didn't really care and immediately they would start talking in less than a minute.

and that's what exactly happened with vinnie, because he turned towards me again and said: "she cheated on me."

not gonna lie, i felt bad for him. that's why maybe he didn't want to talk about it and i kinda forced him to speak about it.

i got closer to vinnie and now he wasn't looking at me anymore. i felt so bad right now, so the least i could have done was reassuring him and that's why i passed my hand through his soft hair caressing it.

it just felt the right thing to do and vinnie seemed to appreciate it since i noticed a little smile on his face.

maybe what we both needed was someone to talk to and to share hard times with. and apparently we found each other during the right time. as friends of course.

"we dated for over a year. i took her here, i introduced her to my whole family because i really thought she was the one, but at the end, i found out she was cheating on me the whole time." vinnie said avoiding my eyes the most of the time.

i couldn't blame him. it must have been so hard for him to go through this and speak about it.

and thinking about the whole situation, his story is similar to mine. after all, vinnie and i had in common more than we thought.

"now i kinda got over it and when i see her at school, in class or even for a second through the hallway, i think about the old times and maybe i was the wrong one." vinnie said finally looking at me.

"are you serious? don't say that ever again." i said raising my voice a little. "they're the wrong ones in the relationship, we're just too good for them and they don't deserve us."

"they?" vinnie asked with a confusing face. "oh you're talking about emily and daniele."

shit i kinda messed up. i said all those senseless things just because i was still mad at daniele for how things were going, but i didn't truly mean them.

"but yeah i do agree with you, some people really don't deserve shit and we're too good with them, they'll eventually understand that." vinnie said and he seemed a little more relaxed.

i simply nodded because i didn't feel like keep talking anymore. i just wanted to sit there and rest since today had been pretty intense.

i looked at vinnie and he had the same intentions as mine, since he put his arm around my shoulder causing my head to lay on his chest.

the more time was passing by, the more i felt my eyes closing and it was at that point that both vinnie and i fell asleep.