036

"it was fun and we got home early, in fact maria and nate were still awake." i was telling my mom about the party.

i wanted to let her know i was having a great time, but of course i didn't tell her i drank and we got home pretty late.

"oh that's good to know, i'm happy to hear you already have friends." she said smiling. "but i didn't doubt that."

"i'm happy as long as i know there were no boys around." i heard my dad saying, then i saw him appearing on the screen.

"hi dad! don't worry, i have been with the girls all the time and of course vinnie was there too." i told him. i remembered he kinda liked vinnie when he saw him during the facetime call.

"oh yeah, he seems a cool guy, but if he or someone else messes up with you.." he said joking and i already knew what the rest of the sentence would have been.

my dad loved me and was very protective, but he also knew how to give me some space because he trusted me.

"dad, everyone here is cool and they're very friendly, also don't forget about daniele!" i said, then i remembered the last time we texted each other. i guess that he and giulia were best friends now.

"of course not, but you never know." he said. "by the way, he texted me two days ago, apparentely he didn't hear about you and he was worried."

i couldn't believe it. this had to be between us only, that's why at first i didn't want to introduce him, again, to my parents.

"oh yeah, i already called him, everything's great." i lied. i didn't want my parents to worry. then i heard some knocks on the door.

i turned around and i saw vinnie. i was pretty sure  that he loved hearing my conversations and interrurpting them. i immediately understood that he wanted to say something, so i had to end the call with my parents.

"uh, mom, dad, i have to go. i'll call you tomorrow." i said and after they greeted me, i pushed the red button and i turned towards vinnie who was standing next to the door of my room laughing.

"did i interrupt something?" he joked. he damn knew i was busy having a call with my parents.

"what? no. i think it's funny talking to my phone by myself." i was being ironic and vinnie laughed. i had to admit it, he was pretty cute.

"funny, but i'm here to ask you if you wanna come with me at the skatepark." he said coming closer to my bed.

this kind of reminded me the time he asked me to get to the grocery store, even though it was just an excuse.

so i said: "are you actually asking me to come skating or is it just an excuse to do something else?"

vinnie shook his head. he understood i was messing with him: "nah this time i'm serious. ryland and justin asked if we wanted to go with them and also, this is a way to be friend of yours since i've been a jerk lately."

i smiled. it was kinda cute of him, at least he relised the way he was acting was bad.

"is that a yes? you're coming with me?" vinnie said snapping me out of my thoughts.

"just because i think ryland and justin are funny and i wouldn't mind spending some time with them." i said messing up with him.

"so you don't think i'm funny? fine you can stay here." vinnie pretended to be offended and turned around like he wanted to leave my room. so i got up from my bed and went closer to him to stop him.

"c'mon i was messing up with you, you're not that bad when you're not a jerk." i was looking at vinnie straight in the eyes slightly smiling. then i remembered i said the same thing while we were dancing and slighlty drunk.

"if you were wearing that dress i would have said the same thing i said at the party." apparently vinnie remembered it as well. "but, you're not that bad even when you're not dressed up."

i simply shook my head and gave a quick look at my fit. i was just wearing a pair of jeans and a cropped cardigan. as long as i was comfortable with it, it was fine. i was about to get out of my room, but when i arrived at the door, i turned towards vinnie.

he was still standing in the middle of the room, so i said: "you changed your mind? i bet that ryland and justin are already waiting for us."

it took us less than 10 minutes to arrive at the skatepark. it was halfway between our house and the school. we got out of the car and we walked towards justin and ryland, who were just messing up with their skates.

i've always wanted to skate, but where i lived in italy there weren't many skateparks, so i never had the proper chance to try. neither would i have tried here, but the fact that here there were many skateparks was cool.

"man, you're finally here. why did it take you so long?" i heard ryland. i doubted they saw me because vinnie was walking past me covering me since he was taller than me.

"oh, anna you're here too?" justin said surprised. "it's not a bad thing, but vinnie didn't tell us you were joining us."

i immediately looked at vinnie. he was just holding his giggle and wasn't looking at me. he did it again, seriously?

"yeah, vinnie why you didn't tell us?" ryland said getting off of his skate and chuckling.

"it doesn't matter, now let's skate." vinnie said putting his skate on the ground since he was holding it from the moment we got out of the car.

ryland and justin started skating. i thought vinnie was about to join them, so i sat on the little bench where i saw ryland and justin's backpacks.

i was ready to spend the afternoon watching them falling on the ground or maybe managing to do some tricks, when vinnie came next to me and said: "you know you're not spending the whole time here, right?"

i looked at him as to say 'yeah, duh' then he handed me a skateboard: "i brought one for you too, we can show you some easy tricks, so you won't get bored."

he nodded encouraging me to get up and go with them. i sighed smiling because i was 100% sure that if i would have said no, all the three of them would have forced me. if two seconds ago i was ready to get bored, now i was ready to fall on the ground and get hurt.