010

i took his hand and we both started walking forward to the park: it actually was an area where many people went there to run, walk, workout and stuff like that, but daniele and i used to come here to spend some time alone and do the dirty. nah just kidding. we considered this place as ours cause we had our first kiss here after our first date.

"i missed coming here." he said sitting on a bench. "specially with you" now he was looking at me straight in the eyes since we were both sitting, and god, i forgot how much i loved his blue eyes.

"yeah me too. so you didn't come here with Giulia?" if you're wondering, yes i'm a masochist. i can't enjoy this moment with him, without thinking about her. giulia was the girl he was having a relationship with, while he was with me at the same time.

"what? of course not, this was our place, why would i bring her here?" he said and mixed feelings were taking place in me. "anna, when i say that i'm sorry for everything, i truly mean it. yeah at first i messed up a lot, i started dating you so that you could meet my family while i was with giulia, but after you and i broke up i realised that i actually had feelings for you and not for that slut."

well, no need to remind me everything, because i've been thinking about it the whole time. and actually i felt kinda bad for him: his family was very religious and they didn't want their son to date a girl like giulia. not to bring other girls down, but her life was pretty messy, no father, her mother wasn't really present in her life, but daniele liked her. so to please his family, he decided to use me as a cover-up. in fact, when we first met, i was so naive and never had a boyfriend before, so i was the perfect choice for him.

"that kinda made me feel better, but daniele, i trusted you, i used to tell you everything, you were my best friend, not only my boyfriend. you were someone i could actually count on. then every certainty collapsed, you were only using me to please your family, when you could have told them about giulia, they would have understood." i said out of breath. maybe it was some feeling my subconscious had for a long time.

"i know, i've been so immature, selfish and stupid. i shoul have never used you. you are an amazing person, you deserve all the best in the world and i really hope i could try to give it to you. please, let me come in your life again. i'll do anything you want to prove i tryly mean this."

god, i knew it. i couldn't help wondering if this was the right thing to do, if he was sincere and what would happen. what if he would do the same thing all over again?

"listen, you know you've been so important to me, so the feelings i had for you are still here, at least a part of them. cause the other part really hates you for what you've done. i really have to know if i can trust you again." all the things i said were true.

he put his hand on my legs and i felt a thrill down my spine. he still had some deep effect on me.

i took a deep breath and then i said: "uh, fine. i'll give you a chance." i couldn't even finish the sentence when he kissed me quickly on the lips, then he looked at me visibly embarrassed about what happened few seconds ago.

i was shocked about it, but i couldn't help it, so i started giggling and then daniele started too. we were basically sitting on the bench laughing and to some people there we could seem weird and dumb, but we couldn't care less, cause we were really enjoying the moment, probabily like the good old times.

"so? we're a thing? again?" he asked and hearing that made me feel so many butterflies in my stomach. he was looking at me impatient and when i nodded my heas as a sign of affirmation, i could see his eyes shining. i got closer to him and he put his right arm around my shoulders, then he left a tender kiss on my forehead.

maybe i was being dumb about giving him a second chance, but in that moment i felt so good. i really missed him and being in his arms, i felt so safe.

we enjoyed the rest of the afternoon, then my mom called, saying that it was time to get home. i didn't tell her i was about to meet daniele, cause i didn't know what would happened, so i made up an excuse and told her i had to meet chiara for a school thing. shoot, chiara! i was gonna text her later and update her about the whole thing. also i was gonna apologise for being a bitch earlier.

daniele and i arrived at my house, he offered me a ride again. i took the keys out of my bag and before i got out of the car i turned towards him and i knew i had to kiss him as a goodbye, but it still felt weird.

suddenly i felt his lips touching mine. since i was hesitating, he made the first move. i kissed him too and after few seconds we both started smiling. "see you tomorrow?" he asked while i was opening the car door.

"i guess so" i smiled then i closed it and turned around to get in the house.

"someone is in a good mood, huh?" my mom asked me. i was so deep in thought that i couldn't notice i had a big smile on my face. shoot. "uh kind of, the professor told us the project was being put off until next week" i made up an excuse, again.

"oh good, now hurry. the dinner is almost ready" she said and i went straight to my room so that i could wear more comfortable things. while i was taking off the boots, my phone lighted up:

so many butterflies took place in my stomach and i was convinced that i did the right thing

so many butterflies took place in my stomach and i was convinced that i did the right thing. he made me feel so happy and i couldn't wait to spend more time with him.