040

"okay guys, that was the last thing for today, i think that's more than enough." the teacher said while she was closing her book.

how could it be possible? it seemed like 2 seconds ago that the lesson started, instead it was already done.

i thought that i had more time to think about a valid excuse, but of course i spent time overthinking and almost panicking.

i looked around me and i saw charli who was looking at me worried because i didn't say anything at all, neither to her nor to the teacher.

i thought that maybe it wasn't going to be a big deal, like vinnie said earlier, but seeing charli so visibly worried kinda scared me.

"now let's take a look at the papers i gave you during the last lesson." the teacher said standing up. "if you had any problems, you can tell me now."

wow. by the way she talked she seemed pretty calm and i hoped she really was today because i was already freaking out internally.

she started walking towards us and checking the papers of the students that were in the first row. fortunately i didn't take a seat there, so i had a little bit of more time to think about something to say.

"hey don't freak out. i see everything from right here." i heard someone whispering behind me. i turned around because i had no idea who it was.

i didn't pay much attention during this class, so i didn't even see who was next to me or behind me. i literally spent the whole time thinking about this very moment and i didn't even have a valid excuse.

when i turned around i saw vinnie slightly leaning towards me and he had a little smile on his face trying to reassure me.

"yeah as if it was that easy" i said trying not be be much loud. "she's going to give me a detention or something. oh my god, what if she expels me?"

for sure now i was freaking the hell out. the worst and the last thing that could have happened was being expelled and i didn't want that.

i looked at vinnie in a very desperate way. i was just hoping that he had an excuse to come up with and save my ass.

vinnie opened his mouth to say something but he was interrupted by the teacher who said: "would the two of you join the rest of the class and tell us what you were talking about?"

shit, she must have noticed we were talking.

"i'm pretty sure it's something very interesting and we would love to hear it." the teacher continued speaking.

"uhm, i asked him if i could borrow his pencil, i forgot mine." seriously? that was the most stupid thing ever.

"mh, yeah, if you don't have any questions about it, can i take your paper?"

i felt my face turning red and it took me few seconds to realise that it was actually happening. now what could have i had said?

"actually i was wondering if i coul-" i started speaking and i was about to let my mouth saying something because i was too panicked, when i was interrupted. fortunately.

"uhm, excuse me mrs. miller." she wasn't looking at me anymore. she was looking at the person sitting behind me.

"yes vincent?"

i looked at him too hoping that he would have said something that wouldn't have made her mad. but i decided to calm down because for sure vinnie knew exactly what to say.

"i wanted.." he stopped for a second to look at me. "actually we wanted to tell you that we couldn't do the assignment and we apologise."

what the heck? why did vinnie lie? before coming here he literally told me that he was willing to make me take a look at his paper.

the teacher kept looking at him and said: "i'm sorry, who's we?"

oh shit i had to say something. i took a deep breath and quickly said: "it's me and him, mrs. miller."

she slightly turned to look at me and said: "oh that's what you were talking about. it's all clear now."

that's what she had to say?

"look, i know you're new in this school and you probably have some difficulties, but you can't think that you're privileged or something. i'm used to give a detention to the people who don't do assignments, but since i don't wanna be mean this time.." she stopped talking for some seconds.

this was literally torturing me internally. i quickly looked at vinnie and i could say he was literally chilling. seriously vinnie?

".. you two, hacker and martini, have to make some researches and a little presentation about what we're studying now due to tomorrow."

well, this could have been worst. i expected to be expelled or something, so i had never been happier to make a presentation.

i nodded and soon after i gave a quick look at the book and my notes to have a general idea about what we were studying.

as much as vinnie seemed a smart kid, i was pretty sure that he didn't take that seriously and i was the one that had to do the biggest part of the work.

it didn't even bother me. it was a good opportunity to show the teacher i was a good student and what happened today was just an accident that wouldn't have happened again.

the bell rang, finally i would say, and i quickly got up. i waited for charli to fix her stuff and in the meantime i got a text on my phone:

daniele <3
hey. tell me when you're done with school so that we can talk. love you.

i immediately smiled when i saw his name on the screen. we kept texting few days ago, but we couldn't facetime and we really needed to to clear things up.

i texted him back saying that we could have facetimed in an hour and in the meantime charli was done fixing her stuff, so we got out of the class.

"not gonna lie, watching you and vinnie talking to the teacher really had me dying, i thought she would have been mad or something." charli said.

"yeah same, but fortunately she stayed calm and making a project isn't even a big deal. it could have been worse." i said as i was placing my phone into the pocket.

me and charli kept talking as i was waiting for
vinnie to get out of the class. i supposed he was still talking to ryland about their things.

"i'm here, sorry for making you wait." vinnie finally got out of the class and i couldn't wait to
be home.

"it's fine as long as you'll be ready for
our project." i said giggling. i already knew the answer.

vinnie looked at me like he was begging for mercy and said: "oh jesus, i almost forgot, please tell me you already have an idea."

"of course, i'm not an idiot like you." i said as we all were walking. "no need to thank me."

vinnie stayed quite for a second, but he kept looking at me and smirking. "actually, you should be the one thanking me, i had my assignment done, but i chose to lie and be on your side."

i was about to say something to tease him, but nothing came out of my mouth. i just felt blushing a little and i shook my head smiling.

vinnie stayed quite too and we were walking through the hallway to get out of the school when i felt vinnie's arm around my shoulder.

i looked at him pretty confused since i didn't really expect it at all, but when i saw him slightly smiling, i didn't say anything and i decided to enjoy that little moment.