061

vinnie kept guiding me through the hallway for a couple more minutes and the more time was passing by the worst the anxiety was getting inside me.

"could you at least tell me how long it's gonna take?" i asked as i was losing the patience.

"one second and you'll see." vinnie said chuckling.

yup he really found all this funny.

and then, as he said, the second later we stopped and he slowly took his hands off of my face.

the first thing i saw was ryland, mattia and bryce holding a poster that said:

will you be my date for valentine's day party?

i was so confused in that moment specially because i didn't even know that valentine's day parties were a thing.

"what does all that mean?" i turned towards vinnie who was standing next to me waiting for an answer.

"me and some boys asked mr clark if we could set up something cool for the love week so yeah here we are." vinnie said.

now it was all clear, but i was still surprised. i appreciated what vinnie, and the boys, did and also this cute proposal, but i felt weird.

me and vinnie were good friends, but i didn't believe he was doing this because of that. we were also pretending to date and that's why i immediately thought that this was fake as well, just a way to impress the others.

i enjoyed this situation because the most of the times it was funny, specially with the way the girls of our school reacted and the comments the fans were leaving under our posts, but i also wanted vinnie and i's friendship to feel more real than just fake dating.

"what's wrong?" vinnie placed his hand on my arm. "was this too much? i just wanted to do something special."

"no it's okay, it's just.." i sighed. "can we talk for a minute?"

"sure!" vinnie got closer to me. "you know you can tell me anything."

i instantly smiled hearing those words, because they felt real and i knew vinnie was the type of person who cared about the people he loved.

"i'm genuinely happy about this, but be honest with me: did you so this just because of the whole fake dating thing we have?"

"what? of course not!" vinnie opened his eyes wide surprised by what i said. "did you really think this?"

"honestly yes, but let me finish.." i wanted to explain myself but vinnie interrupted me.

"are you being for real? we've been knowing each other for quite some time now, we've been going through a lot together and now you're doubting about me?" vinnie sounded pretty bothered.

"that's not what i said." i looked at him straight in the eyes. "i know we're good friends now and that's why i don't want a stupid deal to mess our friendship up."

vinnie looked at me again, this time with a more relaxed look, fortunately. he got closer to me and hugged me tightly.

"i'm sorry for overreacting but you're very bad at expressing your emotions, you know that?" vinnie chuckled. "but i get how you're feeling and trust me when i say there's nothing that can ruin our friendship."

i immediately smiled and i pushed my head closer to his chest as i felt protected and safe. it was pretty stupid of me thinking all those things and overreacting, but i was happy that vinnie and i kinda cleared things up, even thought it was all in my head.

"i know, it's just that i found a lot of friends here, but you and charli are the two people i'm closer to and i'm so grateful to have you in my life." i said still hugging him.

"i mean who wouldn't." i heard him chuckling. "but for real, don't overthink and i want you to enjoy this whole experience here because i think this will help you grow."

"yeah and i think it's already working." i chuckled slowly interrupting our hug, since i just realised bryce, mattia and ryland were still there with some more people.

"that's what i was thinking and the fact you're not stressing over your boyfriend anymore is a proof." vinnie said joking.

these last words of his made me realise what was actually happening. it was all true. at first i was so busy thinking about daniele being in italy, then giulia got again into his life and at that point i was having the worst time ever, but all of a sudden, it wasn't a problem anymore.

i didn't know why, but i felt way better. i was actually enjoying my time here with my friends and i couldn't be happier.

but at the same time i felt terribly guilty for not caring much about him and finding little excuses to slowly detach from him.

"so? what's your answer to that?" vinnie brought me back to reality.

i looked at him smiling and nodding. vinnie was a good person and he had done many things to help me when i was hurt and also i wanted to keep helping him through his plan.

"is that a yes?" vinnie had the biggest smile on his face and as i said so he lifted me up and hugged me tightly.

"thank you, for real." he whispered into my ear.

"no, thank you vinnie. you're the best friend i could have ever asked for."

"you mean boyfriend right?" he giggled.

"right sorry, i still have to get used to date the hottest boy in los angeles."

"okay love birds, time's up, i wanna go home and smok-" bryce interrupted us but ryland made him shut up.

"dude lower your voice." ryland said. "but yeah we have to go home now."

i looked at bryce and ryland and i couldn't hold my laugh because their faces were hilarious. they were literally begging us to make it quick. but they were right, i couldn't wait to go home either.

the boys gave me and vinnie the poster so that i could have kept it with me and soon after they got out of school.

"so, tell me about this crazy idea you guys had." i said as me and vinnie where walking out of school.

"long story, but mr clark wasn't hard to convince, he's a good guy, he prolly forgot about our behaviour with emily." vinnie said slightly touching my arm with his.

"please do not even pronounce her name. i'm done with her." i sighed just with the thought of emily.

"sorry babe, won't do that again." vinnie said smirking.

"what did you call me?" i pretended i didn't hear well, but after all i liked it.

"what do you mean? i didn't say anything." he played it cool.

we both chuckled and finally now we were out of school. today i was feeling good, finally a normal day with no drama, no emily, just me and vinnie being good friends and i couldn't have asked for anything better.