028

"basically you have to find the x dividing the rest of the equation by its coefficient and that's it." emily was finally done tutoring me.

i appreciated that she helped me and all, but after she told me those things, i got a pretty weird impression of her, so i couldn't wait for this tutoring thing to be done.

"that's it? last time during class it seemed much harder. thank you a lot!" i said closing my book. "i'll take this to my room, i'll be right back." as soon as those words came out of my mouth i quickly went to my room.

i noticed a text on my phone:

charli💗

addison and i are going to shopping, wanna come with us?

                 me                                                                      for what?

c'mon tomorrow there's the party, we have to get something cute! we'll be there in 10 mins

me
i can't, there's emily here for the tutoring thing. thanks tho <3

i would have loved going with them, but emily was here and i couldn't make her go away.

i was going downstairs, when i heard the front door opening. it was probably maria with reggie, so i tried to reach them as fast as i could, so that i would have introduced emily to them.

but when i arrived there, i saw vinnie coming in followed by 2 guys.

i looked at the time on my phone and it was 7.26 pm, shit i didn't realise we spent all the afternoon doing math.

i shouldn't have been surprised by vinnie because he told me he was going to be home in the evening.

vinnie looked at me, then his look quickly went to emily. she was looking at him too and this went on for what seemed like 5 minutes.

they didn't say a single word, vinnie was simply looking at her, while emily had a little smirk on her face.

it didn't look like they didn't know each other, like vinnie said. and that's when i thought about what emily told me before about him. they clearly knew each other, but i didn't know why vinnie lied about it.

"i think i should go, i hope i was clear enough." emily suddenly said finally interrupting that awkward moment.

i smiled at her and thanked her for helping me, i opened the front door and she was about to go, when she said: "bye vinnie."

i was kind of surprised because they didn't even say 'hi' when vinnie came in, and now she did.

i looked at vinnie and he didn't say anything, so i closed the door without even thinking about it twice. yeah she helped me and i was grateful, but she had something that didn't convince me enough to be her friend.

"man, that was tough" one of the boys said slapping slightly on his back.

"yeah, 'bye vinnie'" the other one said mocking emily. and that's when a little giggle came out of my mouth causing them all to turn towards me. shit, that was hella embarassing.

"uhm, hi, i don't think we have met before." the taller guy said coming closer to me. "i'm ryland, nice to meet you." he introduced himself with a smirk on his face.

"nice to meet you too, i'm anna." i smiled at him too, trying to be nice. it was always so awkward meeting people for the first time. then i looked at the other guy, trying to get to know his name.

"i'm justin." he smiled. "vinnie didn't tell us you were his new girl."

he was clearly joking, but i was sure i was terribly blushing in that moment. i had no interest at all in vinnie and this went both ways, but i couldn't deny vinnie was a good looking guy.

"shut the hell up." vinnie said and even though it might have seemed like he was mad, he was slightly smiling. "she's just living with us while her exchange year."

"yo justin, don't ever say something like this again." ryland was being ironic. "you know vinnie has only eyes for.."

he stopped talking and a second later they both were screaming: "EMILYY"  then they started laughing their ass off. it was all clear now, vinnie had a crush on her or something.

i looked in his direction and he was just shaking his head. "what kind of pizza do you guys want, huh?" he said changing completely topic. "and you, anna?"

now vinnie was looking at me and i didn't know why, but everytime he said my name, it gave me thrills on my spine. then trying not to make it visible, i said: "whatever you guys want is fine, thanks."

after less than 20 minutes the pizza guy arrived here. in the meantime nate, maria and reggie arrived too and we all started eating. i was eating slowly because i already had popcorns before, so i wasn't that hungry.

"so did you guys meet anna?" suddenly maria asked. and again i blushed. i didn't really like being in the spotlight.

"yea we met earlier." justin spoke. "even though vinnie didn't tell us she was staying here."

"just because i didn't have the opportunity to." vinnie defended himself then he looked at me.

"did you tell her about the tomorrow night party?" ryland asked him.

vinnie slightly shook his head causing ryland to sigh: "well, since vinnie is a jerk.." he mimed a 'sorry' to vinnie's parents. "tomorrow we're throwing a party and it would be great if you would join us."

"i'd love to, but maria and nate have to agree with that." i looked at them, hoping they would have given me the permission.

"i guess it's fine, vinnie's gonna be there too and you're gonna meet new people." maria said smiling and i couldn't be happier.

"by the way, charli already told me about the party, but thanks anyway ryland." i said pointing out 'ryland' and looking at vinnie.

he looked at me shaking his head. not gonna lie, i loved teasing him and seeing his reaction. after all he had been doing the same with me.