"So to recap: on monday we set a physics test and the next day we're gonna start oral tests. I don't wanna hear any excuse." The teacher said as the bell was ringing, it meant that the lessons were finally done.

I immediately stood up taking my bag and thinking about the horrible weekend that was waiting for me.

"Anna please tell me you have good notes cause I don't and I haven't even read the first page of the book" I heard my best friend, who was panicking and well, she wasn't all wrong.

"Gosh Chiara, again? You can't risk to miss the year, we have to graduate together next year! By the way, yes I do. Of course I'll save again your as-" I was joking around when someone hushed me by putting their hand on my mouth. I turned around and I saw our best friend Riccardo.

"Dude are you out of your mind?" I said to him, since he scared me af.

"I was just saving you, the teacher was listening to you." He said laughing.

We all went out of the class and I started thinking about the test and how much I should have studied all the weekend and without even realising we arrived to Ric's car.

"Anna do you wanna get a ride home or?" He asked me kind of worried cause I was lost in my thoughts. I smiled and I got in the car in the passenger seat.

We all were kind of envy about him getting a car during the 4th year of high school: here in Italy we have to wait until we are 18, so 5th and last year of high school. Ric failed some classes so he lost a year, that's why.

Since I was sitting on the passenger seat I was able to use the aux, so I took my iphone and opened spotify.

I scrolled a bit then I decided to play "no idea" by don toliver. This song was playing in my head 24/7.

After couple of songs we arrived to Chiara's house and she barely said goodbye to us so Ric decided to joke a bit saying: "C'mon Chiara, are you really worried about failing the test? You're gonna pass it, don't worry"

I sorta started laughing, but I stopped as soon as Chiara turned around showing a dead serious face. "You guys don't understand, my parents gonna kill me if I keep failing classes. By the way, text me when you're both home."

"I feel sorry for Chiara, her parents sometimes exaggerate. Do you know how many times I failed a test? Yet, I'm still alive, these are not the problem we have to worry about, parents should understand that." Ric said, while he was driving me at home. He's kinda right.

"No Ric, I don't know how many times you failed a test, that's why I wonder how is it possible that you lost a year!" I said joking around just to play down. "By the way, I'm calling Chiara later this noon and I'll try to make sure she'll pass the test."

"That's what I call a good friend, make sure to do the same with me." He said winking at me, whilr I was opening the car door.

"You know you're always in my mind" I winked at him back then I grabbed the keys from my bag and opened the main door.

I left the bag on the sofa and I went straight to the kitchen. I took the pasta my mom made for me and I put it in the microwave.

Meanwhile I was sitting on the chair and I started scrolling through social medias, until I opened tiktok, which was my obsession lately.

After eating I went straight to my room and I decide to write down the notes I took this morning, schematizing them in a colourful way, so that it would be easier to learn.

After few hours I finished the rest of the homework, so I decided to go in the living room and sitting on the couch and watch "The crown" on Netflix. But after some minutes I started feeling my eyes closing more and more, so I laid on the couch and fell asleep.

NOTES
heyyy guys! hope you enjoyed the first chapter of this book! just wanted to say that english isn't my first language, but i wanted to give it a try, so don't be mean to me pls. also, feel free to let me know where there are mistakes or stuff like that. thank you if you'll support my story! <3