007

as soon as these words came out of my mouth, i instantly regretted it, everyone was watching me not saying even a word.

"wh- where this comes from?" my dad asked visibly speachless. i kinda understand his reaction because i didn't even explain anything.

i took a deep breath and said: "basically few days ago i got an email saying that i could be able to go studying abroad for some time. now i have 2 days left to let them know what's my decision and i wanted to talk to y'all about it."

wow. never been so fast.

"so you asked them without telling us first?" my mom asked.

"no, that's weird cause i don't remember doing that, then all of a sudden they contacted me. but that's not the point: is it a yes or a no?"

that was true but now it didn't matter, all i cared about was what they were going to decide.

"i don't know anna, we don't know when, where, for how long, who you're gonna be with, there's a lot of things to think about." my mom said visibly worried and that was totally understandable.

"yeah and i'm not sure if this is a good thing, i mean you're gonna be alone out there speaking another language, what if you're in trouble? i don't think it's a good idea." my dad said and i didn't expect this.

yeah there's a lot of things, but it could be an amazing experience, plus i'm going there to learn more about the language, that's the point.

"yeah i get both your point, but i think it's a kind of experience that everybody should do, plus i'm gonna do a lot of researches so that you won't be worried. trust me." i said out of breath.

i looked at them and after what seemed like eternity, they finally said: "fine, but that's not a yes. first do your research and let us know what the whole thing is about."

a big smile took place on my face and i thanked them, even tho as they said this wasn't a yes, but i was gonna do all i could to convince them.

the next day i went to school as always but my mind was thinking about everything but following what the professor was saying.

then as something came from heaven, the bell rang, so it meant that there was a 20 mins break and i couldn't be happier.

suddenly Chiara came next to me and asked me if i wanted to go to take something to eat and i agreed: i was in desperate need of coffee.

we got out of the class and we went to the cafeteria at the first floor, i took my loved coffee, while chiara went for a cheese sandwich. yes, she's the type of friend who eats anything but is skinny. i envy her so much lol.

we talked a bit while we were enjoying our break then the bell rang again. shit, i wasn't in the mood for classes. sadly we both got back in class and we pretended to be interested into what the professor was saying.

"anyone knows the answer? we did this two weeks ago, you should remember that."

these words brought me to the reality and i looked around me almost panicking cause i wasn't listening a single word. everyone else was looking through the book trying to get an answer so i decided to do the same.

"anna? would you give us all an answer?" shit shit shit. i looked at her and i could feel my face turning red as hell and i could feel everyone was looking at me. this was the most embarrassing moment ever.

then someone knocked at the door so the professor stopped looking at me and i took a deep breath.

"excuse me for bothering, may the student Anna Martini come with me? Professor Rossi asked for her." the janitor said and if could i would give her a big fat kiss on the cheek.

the professor looked at me for few seconds then she said: "fine, but not for too long"

i immediately got up as fast as i could and once i was out the class i thanked the janitor cause she literally saved my life.

she smiled and then she told me where professor Rossi was so that i could reach him.
i walked through the hallway and i reached the class, i knocked on the door and when i heard a "come in" i opened it.

the professor was sitting at the desk with some papers, maybe they were tests. as soon as he saw me he stood up and gave me a big smile.

shit that was kinda awkward, but i tried not to feel that way so i smiled at him back and finally asked: "excuse me, why would you ask for me? is it something to do with an assignment or?"

"no no, don't worry, everything's fine." i felt so relieved. but i was still confused. he must have noticed so he kept going: "so, the reason why you're here. you got an email recently right? from EF?"

how did he know? my parents told him?

"uhm, yeah few days ago, but how do you kn-?" he didn't even let me finish. what he said literally left me speechless.

"because i applied you for that program."

HE WHAT?