056

finally the last school bell rang and i couldn't be happier. all i wanted to do now was getting home and sleep all the afternoon.

i was walking to my locker to grab some books to take home, when someone decided to come up to me and scare me.

"i swear to god if you do this one more time, i-" vinnie interrupted me placing one finger on my mouth.

"just admit you like it." he said as we kept walking.

"yeah keep dreaming." i said ironically.

"so are you free tonight? cause i.." he stopped talking for a second. "ugh why the hell is she following us everywhere?"

"can i talk to you guys real quick?" emily said smiling. uhm was she feeling okay?

"as you can see we are in a rush, so it's not a good time." vinnie said grabbing his car keys from the pocket.

"i swear it's gonna take a minute." emily insisted.

"then talk, emily." i said almost bothered.

"basically i'm throwing a party tonight and since we got off on the wrong foot, consider this party as a fresh start." emily said and when i looked at her she seemed pretty sincere.

"you don't fool us emily, so we'll pass." vinnie said clearly annoyed.

"vinnie please, trust me." emily got closer to him. "i know you don't anymore, not after what happened, but i'm being honest now and also everyone is gonna be there, c'mon!"

vinnie sighed and looked at me, as if he was asking me what to do. to be honest, i didn't know what was going on in emily's mind, but she seemed sincere and i wanted things to get better. this was the whole purpose of the plan, so.

i nodded and smiled at vinnie to reassure him, in fact he said: "fine, we'll be there."

"yay!" emily slightly squealed. "by the way, vinnie already knows about that, but it's gonna be a pool party, so don't wear much make up and wear a bikini!"

pool party? that sounded cool, but i totally forgot to take with me some bikinis, so i had to buy some this afternoon.

emily didn't even let me say something, cause she turned around and started walking away, so i said: "hey what time should we come?"

"oh right, uhm, i don't know.. maybe 8 pm." and as soon as she said that, she walked away.

"i hope this isn't going to be a mess." vinnie chuckled.

"if it is, don't blame me!" i said.

finally me and vinnie got out of school and we started walking to our car. yes since i was living with him, i considered that car mine as well even though i didn't have my driver license yet.

my only problem now was getting at least a bikini for tonight's party. i didn't know where to go and i didn't want bother vinnie.

i could have asked charli to come with me, but she had some family things to deal with, and addison didn't seem much friendly to me right now, so i was slightly freaking out.

"hey is everything okay?" vinnie placed his hand on my arm.

"yeah let's just get home." i nodded. "i need some rest before tonight."

"yeah bet!" vinnie said as he started the car. "oh shit! i just remembered i have to get new swimming trunks."

no way we were in the same situation! but i played it cool.

"how do you not have one already? you've never been to the beach or?"

vinnie looked at me in a pretty serious way, then he sighed and said: "i don't really like talking about it, but during this last year i've been trying to get in a better shape since i've always been very skinny.. so the ones i have at home don't fit me anymore."