070

"enjoy these times because there won't be anymore."

"prom night is every girl's dream."

"these are gonna be the most beautiful years of one's life."

they all keep saying that, but in reality, life sucks. a lot.

last night it was the first, and i'd say also the last, prof of my life. 

i had so many expectations about it. spending the night with my best friend, all my friends and have fun without stressing about life. 

but no, everything was a disaster. avani left me for addison and their other friends, charli spent most of the time with mattia and then vinnie disappeared. well, he was with emily i guess.

i'm not blaming anyone because i'm not their only friends, but they are mine. they're the only people i got closer with and i trust and last night i've felt alone for the very first time in months. 

charli's been texting me all day about her and mattia. i love them, they're my family, but honestly today i don't wanna hear from anyone. 

not even vinnie and speaking about him, i just realized i haven't seen him for all day. we got home together last night, we both went to our rooms and when i woke up this morning he wasn't there. 

i get out of my bed and ran downstairs to understand some more. 

"there you are honey, how are you today?" maria kindly asks me.

"hi maria, i'm good just some headache, that's why i've spent more time in my room." i lied. " i hope this doesn't bother you."

"of course not, i was just worried but i also wanted to respect your privacy so i waited for you to talk." she smiles at me, then she points out a little seat on the couch next to her. "come here."

i do as she says and honestly i'm so lucky to have her as a host mom. she's the kindest and sweetest person ever and she treats me like her own daughter.

i'm gonna miss her when i'll be in italy. 

i can't believe it's gonna be just 3 more months. 

"i know this look on your face, what's wrong?" maria asks me.

in this moment i can't lie and keep things inside anymore. she feels like a mom and i'd really love a mom-daughter talk right now. 

"everything is so complicated maria, i've tried my best but i don't feel any better." i say as i feel my eyes getting shining from tears. 

"calm down and take a step back." she calms me. "who are you referring to?"

"i'm not a bad person, i don't wanna make anyone suffer, but right now i am." i take a deep breath. "it's about me, vinnie and another guy."

as i say these words her expression slightly changes, but still she reassures me and motivates me to speak about it. 

"i don't think you know, but i have a boyfriend back home, it has always been complicated with us, but lately we're trying to make things work." i start speaking. 

"oh honey i didn't know that, i shouldn't have written all those stuff about you and my son, was this guy bothered?" maria asks worried.

"no maria don't worry, we're past that.." i calm her down. "but the thing is, i'm realizing that maybe i have feelings for vinnie too.."

her eyes were shining, not from tears, but from happiness. she has a radiant smile on her face and quickly hugs me tight. 

"you can't believe how happy i am! you made my day." 

"what? why?" i ask confused. 

"oh honey, you're so naive." she says smiling. "vinnie's told me he has feeling for you too."

my heart stops. 

vinnie has feelings for me.

i have feelings for vinnie. 

we are meant to be together. 

"are you serious? oh my, i can't believe it.."  i say as i haven't realized it yet.

"aww me too! now there's only one thing to do." maria's face get slightly serious. "are you willing to break up with your boyfriend? honey it's complicated, but i can help you with him."

it's complicated. she says. 

then something comes up in my mind. 

"maria wait, there's more.." i say. "last night vinnie and emily kissed. i'm not sure vinnie still wants to be with me, if he doesn't i shouldn't break up with my boyfriend.."

"honey calm down. it was probably just a kiss. and the break up shouldn't depend on vinnie. it's all about you, anna. you date a person because you love them, you care about them and they care about you in the same way, because you're there for each other and support one another. you don't date just not to be alone. if you feel your boyfriend is not right for you, dump him, regardless vinnie wants to stay with you or not." 

wow. this is it. this is what really opened my eyes and maria is totally right. gosh she's so amazing. 

without saying anything i hug her close to me as if i don't ever wanna let her go. she's a special gift and i'm lucky to have her and her precious advices. 

"i'm home, someone's here?" suddenly we hear vinnie's voice. 

my heart skips a beat and i'm feeling so nervous just by hearing his voice. 

"we're here honey, come!" maria says as she is still hugging me. 

"what's happening here? hey anna do you wanna steal my mom or something?" vinnie comes close to us and starts tickling me.

"no i could never, but i'm gonna miss her big times." i say between the laughs. 

"oh hey where have you been, vincent? we were very worried here." maria changes her voice tone, but you could still tell she was joking. 

"uhm, the usual with the boys." vinnie said as he was grabbing the apple juice thing. "now if you ladies don't mind, i have important stuff to do."

maria looks at me to see if i know if i know what's going on, but i'm more confused than she is, so we both shrug and let vinnie be vinnie. 

"TWITCH STREAM, HERE I COME BABY" 

we hear vinnie screaming from upstairs and of course the important stuff is playing games. so predictable. 

"ahh, my baby. he brings joy and laughs with him." maria almost talks to herself. "i do get why you like him."

"i really hope everything turns out for the better." i say. "now excuse me, but i'm gonna make a few calls."

"good luck baby, know always your worth, okay?" maria says as i am getting upstairs making one of the biggest decisions of my life.