068

as i am standing in my bedroom in silence waiting for one of us saying something, i can feel the anxiety increasing in my body.

jesus i always mess things up. maybe the bad one in the relationship is me and not daniele, who's been nothing but the nicest ever since we've cleared things up.

"dan, are you there?" i say almost whispering as if the shame took the best over me.

"uhm, sorry?" he says the second later showing calmness in his voice.

that doesn't make any sense.

"you're good? are you listening to me?"

"sorry babe, i just got a text from your brother." daniele said. "were you saying?"

this means he didn't hear the last words i said.

i breath out, letting all the nervousness and anxiety out of me.

this is the chance to do better. i'll tell him about the prom and i'll answer to every doubt of his.

"is it all good? what did ale say?" i ask out of curiosity.

i've barely talked to him so i wanna know what's going on.

"ugh same old shit." daniele sighs. "last week we had a maths test and of course that bitch failed us all."

oh yeahhh good old times.

sike. that gracious woman who teaches maths finds it funny to spend time in class by doing nothing and then she fails us all giving us low marks.

"i'm sorry for you, but i do not envy you." i chuckle. "you're not gonna believe it but i'm actually pretty good here in maths."

"who's letting you copy their work, huh?" daniele jokes about it. "i bet it's vinnie."

as soon as i hear daniele saying vinnie's name, it seems like my heart stopped for a second.

at first there was a bit of tension between them and it was reasonable since none of them knew each other.

now daniele is more chill about my friends here, but still it's weird him taking about vinnie.

"ha! you caught me!" i say showing a little of discomfort in my voice. "uhm talking about him.."

"yeah? what's up?" daniele says.

"in a few days there's prom here and we're gonna be each other's date." i say rapidly hoping he doesn't have a bad reaction.

"that's dope! we don't have this prom thing and right now i envy you so much." daniele says excited.

wow i definitely didn't expect that. jesus he's such a good guy. what the heck happened to me?

"yes right???! that's why i'm so excited but also nervous." i say more relieved. "but i wish i was going with you."

"aw babe me too, c'mon 4 more months and we're gonna finally see each other."

"can you believe it's already been 2 months?" i say. "and so much happened."

yeah right, anna. soooo much? do we wanna talk about it?

"that's very true. i mean, we both were overwhelmed about this whole new thing, you being far away for that long, our trust issues and stuff.." daniele says. "but i'm glad we got over it and now we're fine."

"definitely. i was enjoying being here because everyone is so friendly here, except for a couple of people but whatever, but knowing that you weren't, it hurt me a lot." i say breathing out. "i'm so happy to have you by my side in this experience."

after wearing our heart on our sleeves, we kept talking about random things. daniele wanted to know more about the two people who were not very happy about me, so i told him about addison being jealous of me for no reason at all, just because i was friends with bryce.

i also told him about emily, explaining she is vinnie's ex girlfriend and she's kind of obsessed with me, but does not want vinnie back, so it's kinda messed up.

of course i didn't tell him about our secret plan. i don't wanna have any more secrets, it's just that it's a stupid thing just to get a little revenge on emily, and also daniele might not take it well and i don't wanna ruin this beautiful moment between us.

after talking for a good hour, it was finally shopping time.

right now it's 5:23 pm and that means i only have 7 minutes left to make myself decent.

i'm gonna tie my hair up so it won't take much time, i already had a shower this morning, so i only need to get dressed.

i think i'm going for a cropped white hoodie, black sweatpants and a pair of vans. very, very basic, but who cares. i wanna be comfortable while looking for the perfect prom dress.

at 5:30 pm right on time, charli's name appears on my screen phone.

we're here, move ur ass and let's go shopping!

that's what she said on her text.

i don't want her to get mad or something, so i take the pair of keys on my desk and run downstairs and go out.

i'll send vinnie a text to inform him and the rest of the family that i'll be out for a couple of hours.

as i get in the car i can notice there are two different moods in the air: on the left we have dixie, clearly annoyed by being our driver and spending hours looking for stupid dresses, while on the right we have charli, who is clearly on cloud nine and can't wait to wear her beautiful dress.

"how excited are you right now?!" charli says as we're getting to the clothes store. "i can't even think of how many dresses we're gonna try!"

"ugh charli, shut up for a second!" dixie says after hearing charli talk for the whole time. "you're giving me headache."

as dixie says these things, charli goes silent, then after a couple of seconds she turns towards me and winks at me.

i do the same and i try my best to hold my laugh. i don't want annoy dixie any more than she already is, so both me and charli stay quiet until we get to the store, which fortunately took less than 20 minutes.

"oh my god!! i'm so freaking excited!!" charli says getting out of the car. "i don't even know what i'm looking for."

"ugh same. actually i told vinnie my dress was blue, so i have to stick with it or i'm fucked up." i say as all the three of us get in the store.

as we walk in, i can't help but get a terrible headache, for real: there are plenty of dresses, all of them are amazing and breathtaking, but it's gonna be more difficult to choose one, or rather to find one.

"come with me, we're both gonna help each other." charli says grabbing my hand and almost making me fall since she starts running towards the first line of dresses.

i trust her and follow her. i just wanna find my blue dress and get out of here.